Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Headlight Options

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  SirMickey 
#1 ·
I have a question for you VN900 veterans. Are there options available to go away from the 900 classic stock headlights? I don't necessarily dislike the OEM model or its size, its just that I see a lot of light designs on the net and I would like to have an assembly that allows for the lights to be easily changed. This means that I could shelf 1-2 alternate light designs and change them out at will.

I would love to hear from any of you who has had some level of experience with this.

SirMickey,

#2 ·
Any light should work. The mounting might be slightly problematic, but theoretically, any light should fit. Once you have that solved, it's about wiring, which is the easy part.

#3 ·
I've seen several different headlights installed on the 900. a really small dual set up, the skull headlight with fog in mouth, different style bullet headlights, even once I saw the VRod headlight installed on a 900. Anythings possible but they do have an assortment that will fit.

#5 ·
I prefer the single over the dual for the most part… Another thing that may be a factor is that although I haven’t gotten it yet, I’m going to a Batwing fairing, and I don’t know how much, if any, that will place limits on my options.

This past fall, I talked with a young guy who rode a Suzuki. Don’t recall the model but, the headlight lamp had a cat eye design. The guy said he had multiple lamps and that he swaps them occasionally just because. That’s the type of capability I’m talking about.

Anything like that available to the VN?

SirMickey

#7 ·
Another thing that may be a factor is that although I haven’t gotten it yet, I’m going to a Batwing fairing
This...

I would insall the batwing fairing first and then see what your options will be, want to make sure the new light will fit with fairing..:)
The batwing will only limit what looks good inside the fairing. It's got a round cutout and anything but a round light will look goofy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.