Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I fired up the bike and let it run a few days ago,this morning I noticed 2 white spots onmy headlight lens,seems to have meltedsince there are 2 indents on the plastic lens,any ideas what caused this and how do i fix,can I order a lens???:surprise:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Stock Bulb?? is it seated properly? Is it Condensation maybe? I went from stock to a PIAA ultra bright and no issues and ran the stock bulb for 1000 miles. now have 1500 miles still now spots. Is it inside or maybe a rock hit on the out side?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stock Bulb?? is it seated properly? Is it Condensation maybe? I went from stock to a PIAA ultra bright and no issues and ran the stock bulb for 1000 miles. now have 1500 miles still now spots. Is it inside or maybe a rock hit on the out side?
Not sure if it is stock bulb,blue in color,Had for 2 years now,goin on 3,wasn't like this when covered,fired it up turned around let run for 20 minutes shut down,,,,Today noticed it, also low beam out only High works,can change bulb,just pissed about the lens,Can't figure out why it looks melted w 2 white spots,not condensation ,can feel indents,,,damn do I have to buy a new headlight,minus the bucket????:surprise:

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'd guess it's a high output bulb. Seen some bulbs 100w on high beam, think stock is 60w.

I'd check the running battery voltage also, shouldn't be over 14.5 volts.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Its a standard H4 bulb 55/60w

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same white spot on my headlight lens. It comes from overheating. I did it to myself by running the bike in winter with the cover not completely off the bike. Heat bulit up and left me a project for spring. Anyone know where I can get a replacement lens for less than the dealers $130?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the same white spot on my headlight lens. It comes from overheating. I did it to myself by running the bike in winter with the cover not completely off the bike. Heat bulit up and left me a project for spring. Anyone know where I can get a replacement lens for less than the dealers $130?
got one offline bought the lens and had to replace the melted on socket,cant recall the site was like 40 bucks,might have the sticker from box have to look

1 - 14 of 14 Posts