Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where I could get a service manual to Download on my 2004 1500 fi nomad.....I'm trying to track down a short ....my headlight quit working 2 months ago...ive replaced the junction box and headlight relay and it's still shorting out.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Can anyone tell me where I could get a service manual to Download on my 2004 1500 fi nomad.....I'm trying to track down a short ....my headlight quit working 2 months ago...ive replaced the junction box and headlight relay and it's still shorting out.
Any answer other than "from your local Kawasaki dealer" will get the sender restricted if not banned on the forum. Something to do with the TOU Agreement.

That being said "shorting out" is it blowing fuses or going on and off while riding down the road?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In April 2014, headlight bulb blew out, I replaced it with 1 from oriellys, ,, from that point on ,, it would come on when bike 1st started up,, but if i stopped for gas or a soda, it would not come back on,,,for next few months it was like that, ,, come on but if i stopped bike for anything it would not come back on unless I stopped for couple of hours, like something needed to cool down,,, last month it completely quit working all together. ..i put it shop...shop tested everything, installed new junction box, old one had melted spot on it from headlight relay melting, installed new box n new relay,,,, now 2 weeks later I'm back to just intermittent ,,, where it will come on at 1st,, stop bike for anything, and it's back off....now shop wants to install complete wiring harness which Is 500 dollars part plus 500 labor

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They said they tested stators, rectifiers, entire electric system,,, so it must be a short somewhere in harness,,,,, all other lights work, turn signals, rear lights, light bar,,, they all work,,,,, charging system works, ,,,,

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have not installed no after market parts, there's no radio, led lights, nothing,,, just ur basic nomad

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't even mind bypassing the relay and just let light come on when start bike ,, but I'm knowledgeable on how to do that

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
Do you have a meter and know how to use it?

If no, we can help.

If yes, post back with make and model for my reference.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry FOR typos. .yes I have a meter,,, I've not used it, but bought it to figure this out,,,, my bike is a 2004 fi 1500 nomad

1 - 16 of 16 Posts