Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the stock halogen light with a Cyclops 10.0 H4 LED bulb. While travelling on an unlit stretch of highway, I noticed the uneven light beam distribution right away. I also noticed that on low beam against a wall, the light is distinctly focused to the right. We drive on the left here so I'd effectively be dazzling oncoming traffic.

I looked closely and saw that the left and right emitters weren't sitting directly perpendicular to the ground. The Cyclops light was slanted. Opened up the headlight, removed the Cyclops LED, and saw that the OEM metal clip bit isn't dead straight. Have others noticed this too or is mine an exception? The local mechanic was adamant that that specific part couldn't be fixed or replaced as the whole headlight is one closed unit.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I replaced the stock halogen light with a Cyclops 10.0 H4 LED bulb. While travelling on an unlit stretch of highway, I noticed the uneven light beam distribution right away. I also noticed that on low beam against a wall, the light is distinctly focused to the right. We drive on the left here so I'd effectively be dazzling oncoming traffic.

I looked closely and saw that the left and right emitters weren't sitting directly perpendicular to the ground. The Cyclops light was slanted. Opened up the headlight, removed the Cyclops LED, and saw that the OEM metal clip bit isn't dead straight. Have others noticed this too or is mine an exception? The local mechanic was adamant that that specific part couldn't be fixed or replaced as the whole headlight is one closed unit.

Supposed to do that research E4 lens reflectors;you may have adjust your lights. A retrofit is a compromise, lens reflectors are designed for the Halogen beam, because the leds are directional and wont reflect properly in the housing they are angled to give you the best lighting pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
902 Posts

Don't worry. Mine was exactly turned the same way. I don't have a cyclops, but the base on the LED I installed could be rotated within the mounting base (It's removable via a little set screw on some and rubber o-rings on others). So you can adjust it left or right or turn the whole light itself upside down. You've got a removable base plate on your LED right? When you put your light into your housing, with base plate already installed, just make sure your LED's are centered left and right. Also, the shroud on the front of your LED light, at the front set of LED's should be positioned so that it's directing the front LED's light up, not down.
There's also a section in your owners manual to show how to adjust your beam, if need be. Left, Right, Up or down. But straighten up your bulb first.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't worry. Mine was exactly turned the same way. I don't have a cyclops, but the base on the LED I installed could be rotated within the mounting base (It's removable via a little set screw on some and rubber o-rings on others). So you can adjust it left or right or turn the whole light itself upside down. You've got a removable base plate on your LED right? When you put your light into your housing, with base plate already installed, just make sure your LED's are centered left and right. Also, the shroud on the front of your LED light, at the front set of LED's should be positioned so that it's directing the front LED's light up, not down.
There's also a section in your owners manual to show how to adjust your beam, if need be. Left, Right, Up or down. But straighten up your bulb first.
I'm not sure that I understood correctly. You mean your OEM mount was crooked too? This is the issue with mine. The Cyclops base can indeed be removed, the light is concentric and everything is aligned properly. When it's fitted into the mount, however, the Cyclops bulb is then on an angle because of the crooked Kawasaki light mount.
The little screw to the left in the image only seems to be for the clip removal, rather than for turning the mount around. And based on some research, this isn't sold as a separate component either. Kawasaki includes this with the body of the headlight as one unit.

Attachments

·
Registered
902 Posts
I'm not sure that I understood correctly. You mean your OEM mount was crooked too? This is the issue with mine. The Cyclops base can indeed be removed, the light is concentric and everything is aligned properly. When it's fitted into the mount, however, the Cyclops bulb is then on an angle because of the crooked Kawasaki light mount.
The little screw to the left in the image only seems to be for the clip removal, rather than for turning the mount around. And based on some research, this isn't sold as a separate component either. Kawasaki includes this with the body of the headlight as one unit.
The OEM mounts are all that way from the factory. Check out the link @metzroth provided. You need to turn your Cyclops light in its mounting base. Not any screws on the headlight housing.
How is the base connected to the LED? If it's a twist to lock in place, you can't fix it. Another brand I had, you can rotate and affix the mounting base anywhere in 360 degrees. So it's adjustable to align correctly with any housing. All I had to do is rotate it to have the actual bulb with emitters left and right, shroud aiming up and secure it in place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts