Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a little help. My son has a 800 Classic And i think his headlight is lacking. I would like to buy him a led headlight to brighten the road. I run a daymaker on my harley and would ideally like something comparable. Has anyone here done a swap and if so what is involved? Was it plug and play? And we’re results good?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apparently i posted a similar question last year and bulbs were kind of the answer but what i am really looking for is a good sealed unit that has a more defined beam, Is this possible?I feel a led bulb will more randomly throw the light and may possibly blind oncoming traffic but will losten to thoughts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Currently using Safego Motorcycle H4 LED Headlight Bulb H/L High Low Dual Beam 20W 2000lm Motorbike H4 LED Lights Kit M4-H4 which I find is better than 100 watt halogen bulb. Only thing I don't like is that only the tol half of the headlight is lit. The 100 watt bulb I found started melting my connector. Thought about trying different H4 led bulbs and retrofitting a daymaker but for now decided save that money. I'm okay with what I'm using currently. Hoping this helps a little.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would wager a guess that if you bought a Harley housing and headlight to go with it you could totally use it, as long as you can find a way to mount it. You may need to get some headlight brackets that mount onto the fork stanchions. It would also be a good idea to check the wattage to check that you won't be drawing too many amps, though with LEDs I doubt that would be an issue. The last issue I can think of is the electrical connector, it may not be the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts