Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just come back from a 6300 klm trip only to discover my headlight doesn't work on either low or high beam. I have a 2008 model V2K. I did travel through some very heavy rain a couple of weeks ago so thought maybe a bit of water has gotten in. I also dropped the bike in a very low speed off with no damage while on the trip. The headlight was working up until a few days ago. I have had the headlight apart and can find no issues and all of the other lights are fine. I have a circuit tester and a new bulb so I will have a more thorough look tomorrow. I also thought the relay might be stuffed. Any ideas?????

Cheers and Beers.

Bob

·
Registered
111 Posts
Have you checked fuses? I burned mine out last summer.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I had that relay box go out twice on mine. Everything worked except the headlight. In my case it turned out that the battery box cover being gone equalled that relay box getting wet when I washed the bike, and, for some reason, it killed only the headlight relay.

I've also had the regulator/rectifier connection rotting away issue.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well after much investigation it was a fuse and not the relay so all is working now. I had checked all of the fuses and did not find it at first by pulling them out and looking but it was located using a test light and when you bend the fuse the break was obvious.

I am glad it was not the relay as it is nigh on impossible to get out as it is hidden behind the tool tray under the right hand side cover, and I can tell you folks that tool tray is one hell of a job to get out. Why do bike designers not think abut those who have to work on them. They just love to hide bolts under or behind stuff when there is no need to. Just bloody frustrating. All good now so I await with baited breath the next little issue.

Cheers and Beers.

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts