Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out the actual headlight dimensions for my '08 500 without taking everything apart.

I'm looking to upgrade to a LED light, but not one of the plug in bulbs. I absolutely love the look of the Harley DayMaker lights, both lit and off.

My problem starts because I can't find any accurate measurements for the diameter of my headlight. I'm wanting to swap one of the led units into my factory bucket, but what size do I need?

EBay shows everything from a 4 1/2" to a 7" diameter as an "exact fit" for my bike, and that's just not going to work.

Has anyone else already figured this out? Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Blaine! The 5 3/4 was what I was looking for. I'm going to do a complete swap of the headlight unit, but not the bucket if that makes sense. I'm attaching a pic of the style I'm swapping to, I just haven't decided if I'm going with the black (pictured) or chrome version.

These lights are amazing though! A much brighter, wider spread of light over factory headlights, and a lower power use as well. Something to keep in mind when looking to replace your headlight.

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update on this thread...

I ordered a headlight off eBay... found one at a really great price (new, under $30 with shipping).

While I was waiting on paint to dry on my newly made saddlebags I figured I'd swap the light too. That ended up not working out so well.

After pulling the headlight out, I discovered that the actual headlight housing is held on to the trim ring internally, not the clamp style I was expecting. See photo 1. Photo 2 shows the back of the new light, which is smooth and won't accept this style mounting.

Just figured I'd update everyone on what I've ran into so far. If I find a system to make things work, I'll be sure to grab pictures and post it here.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts