Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a wagner bp1210 h4 tonight it stopped working. When this bulb goes out should the high or low still work or does it go all together and leave no light to get you home. Thought if one burnt out the other would still work but mine went out totally leaving me stranded.

·
Registered
36 Posts
One would expect only the low beam or the high beam to go out, leaving high or low still working. However, I guess it is possible for both to go out.

I would check my fuses, connections, and wiring before replacing the headlamp

·
Registered
719 Posts
Depends on how the bulbs fails. One beam can fail and the wire can short across the other beam. I have a modulated headlight and put the OEM bulb in the tool bag for a spare (tail bulb too).

·
Registered
533 Posts
If you do a lot of night riding I'd carry a spare bulb, screwdriver, and a flashlight. My Wagner bulb has been going strong for 18 months now.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wagner

Bulb was still good. Checked fuse and it was bad. Maybe the bulb is to close to the max amps for the headlight fuse as I had no other lights. Changed to the sylvania stock wattage bulb as I do not want to have a problem with wiring.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bulb

Wagner light bulb was okay but the fuse was bad. If bulb runs that close to the max for the circuit it is not worth having. Changed out to the regular wattage just to be on the safe side. Do not want to have this problem again although the bulb was a lot better for vision.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts