Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at replacing the headlight bulb on my Vulcan S 650. I was wanting to know if the Cyclops ultra 10.0 H4 LED Headlight Bulb will fit and work on the 650?????
If not what’s the best replacements on the market out there??
Cheers in advance much appreciated.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looking at replacing the headlight bulb on my Vulcan S 650. I was wanting to know if the Cyclops ultra 10.0 H4 LED Headlight Bulb will fit and work on the 650?????
yes the cyclops will work.

I have it installed on my bike

·
Registered
123 Posts
Cyclops ultra 10.0 H4 LED is the one I have as well. Ordered the 7000 at the time, but was back-ordered, so they shipped me the 10.0 instead :) Been very happy with it. Easy install.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is it silly to think there is a viable option that will be just as good for half the price? Does anyone have experience with cheaper alternatives?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers mate, wish I saw that link yesty, I ordered one last night but direct from the US for nearly twice that price due to postage. I couldn’t find anyone in Australia who had them in stock. Aw well defs shows we cop it with the exchange rate and postage gaining parts from the US.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Cheers mate, wish I saw that link yesty, I ordered one last night but direct from the US for nearly twice that price due to postage. I couldn’t find anyone in Australia who had them in stock. Aw well defs shows we cop it with the exchange rate and postage gaining parts from the US.
Ouch that would of hurt! exchange rate is shit right now. Can't you cancel the order? So much cheaper to get it here in Aus.

Most of my links are Aussie links, I did a lot of research for this bike so it will come in handy.

You should check out NetRider forum. Aussie forum for rides all over.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@B3Hulk these LED Parker lights, listed as Philips X-treme Ultinon LED W5W 501 8000K (Twin) on the website, it’s one of your links in ya “Links to everything useful” - can you please explain exactly what these are for or replace??

·
Registered
141 Posts
@B3Hulk these LED Parker lights, listed as Philips X-treme Ultinon LED W5W 501 8000K (Twin) on the website, it’s one of your links in ya “Links to everything useful” - can you please explain exactly what these are for or replace??
There are 2 light bulbs in the headlight casing. The Parker light bulb is a little t10 bulb that turns on when you have the key and stays on when the bike is running, the H4 bulb is the main light you use to see on the road.

With the Cyclops being a white light and the original Parker light bulb is yellowish, it won't give it that white crystal look on the headlight. it is more of a preference.

I like the white and white look , makes the bike look more modern

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry, this might be a naive question: The LED bulb uses a ballast, no ? So there is no space inside the headlight casing to install the ballast ? Where / How do yo install the ballast pack ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry, this might be a naive question: The LED bulb uses a ballast, no ? So there is no space inside the headlight casing to install the ballast ? Where / How do yo install the ballast pack ?

Thanks.
The one I used everything tuck nicely behind the headlight assembly. Took 10min and done.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
@ Hawat, I can attest to VulcanAngel's comment. I just installed the exact same bulbs in mine and my wifes bike. It literally is a 10 minute job, and everything gets tucked away behind the assembly. Results are awesome and only cost $35 bucks on Amazon for a double pack. I would recommend that you change the running light while you have the assembly off to an led as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Thanks.
I don't neen no stinking ballast. Seriously here is a link to a led H4 light that should fit. I haven't tried one yet so I cannot vouch for it but it looks like it will work.
Jim
Native H4R2 - ADVmonster

1 - 19 of 19 Posts