Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After reading on the forum I noticed alot of people were switching over to the MUCH BRIGHTER Wagner BP1210/H4 80/100W bulb from Napa. However I didn't notice anyone post any before/after pictures to display the signifcant difference... Today I decided to go out and buy the bulb to install tonight so I could take before/after pics with my GoPro. Keep in mind I removed the STOCK bulb to put in the new Wagner.
LOW BEAM BEFORE

LOW BEAM AFTER

HIGH BEAM BEFORE

HIGH BEAM AFTER

·
Registered
430 Posts
After reading on the forum I noticed alot of people were switching over to the MUCH BRIGHTER Wagner BP1210/H4 80/100W bulb from Napa. However I didn't notice anyone post any before/after pictures to display the signifcant difference... Today I decided to go out and buy the bulb to install tonight so I could take before/after pics with my GoPro. Keep in mind I removed the STOCK bulb to put in the new Wagner.
LOW BEAM BEFORE

LOW BEAM AFTER

HIGH BEAM BEFORE

HIGH BEAM AFTER
I have heard about this mod but haven't really dove into it.
After seeing these pics, I am very interested. Please point me in the right direction.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
684 Posts
Big difference !!

Wow !! I gotta get me some of that !!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'll second, or is it third the request for more info!

·
Registered
245 Posts
68novabbc Is Wagner BP1210/H4 80/100W the right # for the bulb? I looked on the Nappa site an it didnt bring anything up. I am real interested in this mod. I ride to work at 3am everymorning. Every little bit of extra light would help.

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
68novabbc Is Wagner BP1210/H4 80/100W the right # for the bulb? I looked on the Nappa site an it didnt bring anything up. I am real interested in this mod. I ride to work at 3am everymorning. Every little bit of extra light would help.

Tim
Yes, a valid part number. Google the number and you will find many sites. NAPA's site sucks

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah guys just go into Napa and ask for their BP1210 H4 Wagner bulb. It was like $10.99. I ride quite a bit at night and with all the critters and deer here in Ohio I think it was a smart move. Not to mention the visibility for other drivers. First and foremost DO NOT touch the glass part of the bulb. but to swap bulbs, you just remove the two screws on the sides of the chrome headlight bucket, then just carefully wiggly the front part of the bezel back and forth and up and down, it will give... Then carefully unplug the headlight bulb harness from the back of the bulb. Once you've done this, you then pull off the rubber cover, then you are presented with the bulb retaining clip, just push down on the one side of the clip and forward to release the clip and that will give you full access to the bulb! Respond with your success! :) Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Keep in mind the additional wattage that the Wagner will be pulling. If you already have a light bar working off of the headlight circuit then you may want to consider modifying the wiring to protect the dimmer switch and OEM wiring.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Has anyone tried to put 3 of these in a cobra light bar and the headlight? I am installing a light bar this weekend and I was wondering if I could put these in there before I install it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Keep in mind the additional wattage that the Wagner will be pulling. If you already have a light bar working off of the headlight circuit then you may want to consider modifying the wiring to protect the dimmer switch and OEM wiring.
So in my case I have a PCV, power accessory port, and an auto tune kit. I assume changing to the 100w bulb won't hurt in my setup?

·
Registered
424 Posts
A great review from a new member!!!

Yes, a valid part number. Google the number and you will find many sites. NAPA's site sucks
I have to agree with you my friend without a doubt the NAPA Retail Website is the worst i have ever seen. Members please relay this feeling to NAPA Managers when ever you are there.

Yeah guys just go into Napa and ask for their BP1210 H4 Wagner bulb. It was like $10.99. I ride quite a bit at night and with all the critters and deer here in Ohio I think it was a smart move. Not to mention the visibility for other drivers. First and foremost DO NOT touch the glass part of the bulb. but to swap bulbs, you just remove the two screws on the sides of the chrome headlight bucket, then just carefully wiggly the front part of the bezel back and forth and up and down, it will give... Then carefully unplug the headlight bulb harness from the back of the bulb. Once you've done this, you then pull off the rubber cover, then you are presented with the bulb retaining clip, just push down on the one side of the clip and forward to release the clip and that will give you full access to the bulb! Respond with your success! :) Hope this helps!
First off I would like to say WELCOME to 68novabbc and THANK YOU for a first class description and pictures of the effectiveness of the Wagner bulb. Really nice to have new members with such clarity.

I have used the Wagner bulb for 2 1/2 years. Had to change the bulb out after 2 years, yes they do not last as long as the stock bulb so when you find one get one for a spare.

If you go to a NAPA store do not rely on the employees to help you much, when I go they can't even find it in the catalog. So I go look in the light bulb section and just get it. Lots of sites sell them including Amazon. Have never found them at any other auto parts store. Some of the 4 wheel shops sell them, they are the stock bulb for many offroad vehicles.

This is the one modification that should be done by every rider, safer is always better.

Once again WELCOME to 68novabbc. PIC"S of bike are needed please. And since you mentioned the GoPro please review.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
So in my case I have a PCV, power accessory port, and an auto tune kit. I assume changing to the 100w bulb won't hurt in my setup?
Not a problem. I'm only concerned about the circuit going to the headlight. I don't know how much abuse the relay and dimmer switch can take and a light bar is most likely adding another 40-50 watts to that circuit. The Wagner adds an additional 40 watts so you can see the total wattage will jump up quite a bit. Might be a good excuse to go with LED's for the tail light and turn signals, but who really needs a reason for more bling?

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
I don't know how much abuse the relay and dimmer switch can take and a light bar is most likely adding another 40-50 watts to that circuit. The Wagner adds an additional 40 watts so you can see the total wattage will jump up quite a bit.
You're going to burn out your stator. You better check the amp draw limit.

·
Registered
782 Posts
WARNING!!!! DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!! DANGER!!!!

No seriously. You have to be careful with this mod. The stator and rectifier is rated to handle an additional 70w above stock. However, I had the Wally World driving lights which were 50w each and this Wagner mod also on my bike. That is 140w additional and after about a year I had burned up my stator which ended up costing like $200 or so to get replaced. So just keep in mind what your limit is and add up all the extra wattage you are considering. The stator will probably not go bad immediately, but the extra load makes it run hotter than it should and over time it will turn into a browned out brick. I personally wish someone would come out with LED versions of the Cobra or V&H mini-bullet lights that are actually bright enough to drive by. Right now we are waiting for technology to catch up to the need.
Cheers!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Has anyone tried to put 3 of these in a cobra light bar and the headlight? I am installing a light bar this weekend and I was wondering if I could put these in there before I install it.
I do not believe I would do that. The charging system only puts out 70 WATTS of surplus power, You are talking about 230 watts more than that, I can see a very short ride coming up for you as the battery will be drained and when you reach 11 volts the bike will shut off, and you cant push start it with a drained battery. No power no fuel pump.

Not a problem. I'm only concerned about the circuit going to the headlight. I don't know how much abuse the relay and dimmer switch can take and a light bar is most likely adding another 40-50 watts to that circuit. The Wagner adds an additional 40 watts so you can see the total wattage will jump up quite a bit. Might be a good excuse to go with LED's for the tail light and turn signals, but who really needs a reason for more bling?
Actually the dimmer circuit does just fine, rated for 120 watts, but do not go any higher than 100.
Went to LED'S when i put in the Wagner but I went the easy route. A company called SUPERBRITELEDS sells standard socket 1156 and 1157 LED bulbs, direct replacement bulbs. Cuts over 80 watts from stock load.

I also want to stress that anyone that rides a 900 and adds any electrical load needs to install a battery gauge. The stator on the bike is limited and you can burn it out easily. Mine went at 6500 without any extra load.

1 - 20 of 241 Posts