Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for those who responded to my question on the light bulb upgrade. Picked up the new bulbs. Rear and front turn signals change a snap. Headlight on the other hand. It looks like I have to remove the front fairing to change. Does anybody?? Help!!!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
No you don't need to remove the fairing. Under the headlight bezel remove the allen wrench screw. Pull and lift the bezel off. Then remove the 3 screws holding the headlight mounting frame and remove the whole assembly, then replace the bulb.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thanks for those who responded to my question on the light bulb upgrade. Picked up the new bulbs. Rear and front turn signals change a snap. Headlight on the other hand. It looks like I have to remove the front fairing to change. Does anybody?? Help!!!!
Will be adding a xenon HID conversion kit to my headlight soon but am also interested in making my signal lamps brighter. What bulbs did you use to upgrade them?

·
Registered
419 Posts
A word of caution... adding higher headlight wattage bulbs with the existing wiring and connectors. Wiring, connectors and switches all have wattage specs and engineered for the stock current draw. Doubling the headlight bulb for instance the added heat from a 100W bulb can over time cause connector and switching deformation. When this happens you get intermittent troubles and will drive you nuts trying to isolate the trouble. Since we don't know the wattage rating of these things it's best to run new wiring and relays if necessary to eliminate adding higher amp draws to existing hardware. I have also seen plastic headlight reflectors melt and dis-form because there was not enough heat dissipation in the stock headlight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts