Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know how to remove the headlight assembly so I can get to the aux connector inside. I'm installing a Garmin Zumo 660. But first I have to install the Kaw Billet GPS Mount. The instructions say to remove the two screws holding the headlight assembly, disconnect the 3-pin connector and set it aside. The only two screws I see are the vertical and horizontal beam adjustment screws. I've ordered the Green service manual, but it is not here yet. What am I missing?:confused:

·
Registered
145 Posts
If it is the same as the 900 then the 2 screws are in the sides of the bucket low down and back a little from the rim. You can just get a driver on them without having to remove the indicators.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I was able to download the service manual (after purchasing it). What I thought were the adjustment screws were, in fact, the two screws to remove the front of the headlight. :eek: Now my only problem is getting the cover to come loose. I'll work with it tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
644 Posts
There is a screw under the chrome cover you need to remove. Once it's out, pull and the cover comes off. There will be 4 8mm hex bolts to take out under it. They hold the headlight in.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. My project is done. I needed to get into the bucket to connect my gps. Worked great.

·
Registered
636 Posts
There is a screw under the chrome cover you need to remove. Once it's out, pull and the cover comes off. There will be 4 8mm hex bolts to take out under it. They hold the headlight in.
I think you're walking him through the Voyager headlight removal? ...He has a Nomad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts