Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,
I was looking to modify the stock windshield from my Vulcan 800 to use on my 900 custom. After some strategic trimming of the bracket so it would clear the neck, I couldn't get it to mount at the headlight mounting point because of the length of the bolts holding the headlight bucket to the bottom tree being too short. So I thought I would just swap them out with longer ones when I noticed they appear to be part of the bucket itself. Can they be removed? If so, how?
Thanks in advance!

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone know?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've not had my headlight bucket off yet. Able to snap a few photos of what yours is looking like?

My guess at this point though is 2 options:

1. The bolts are welded in/on. - grind out the welds to let the bolts loose. slide them out and the new ones in.

2. Cut the old bolt off flush with the bracket, drill the appropriate sized hole through the bracket, grind/sand smooth, repaint to desire, and insert new bolts.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's just it...I didn't see any spot welds of any kind. I assumed they would pop out with a little encouragement but after a small hammer introduced itself to the bolts they still didn't budge. I thought about cutting them off and drilling new holes but I didn't want to risk damaging the headlight since I don't wanna have to pay for another one just yet. Maybe I'll just look into an aftermarket headlight and go from there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Replaced the headline with a billet one. Bolts are tack welded to bracket. Looks like a couple of raps with a hammer and they would come out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts