Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 900 that I just bought has a headlight beam that is fine if you want to see over the top of cars!!
I looked at my owners manual to see how to lower the beam and it says that the left screw is the up and down. It says to turn it either way for adjustment.
My question is which way for lowering?! I have turned this dumb screw both ways alot and nothing changes.
Screw in or out? I'm ready ro say "screw it" and don't ride at night!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
My 2007 900 that I just bought has a headlight beam that is fine if you want to see over the top of cars!!
I looked at my owners manual to see how to lower the beam and it says that the left screw is the up and down. It says to turn it either way for adjustment.
My question is which way for lowering?! I have turned this dumb screw both ways alot and nothing changes.
Screw in or out? I'm ready ro say "screw it" and don't ride at night!!!!!
Try pushing the bottom of the headlight in and see if it moves freely. Then unscrew the headlight rim from the bucket and examine the adjustment to see if the nylon nut is stripped.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
+1 on what Sojourner said. If you are turning the adjustment screw on the left (that is the drivers left as you sit on the bike) and nothing is happening, the adjustment nut is probably stripped. If it were me I would remove the bezel and inspect the nut.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Easy enough to check for the stripped nylon nut and a very good idea but I still need to know which way to screw to lower the beam.
I seems that I should turn to the left. That would push the bottom of the lense in?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+1 on what Sojourner said. If you are turning the adjustment screw on the left (that is the drivers left as you sit on the bike) and nothing is happening, the adjustment nut is probably stripped. If it were me I would remove the bezel and inspect the nut.
I thought the owners manual said that it is the swrew on the right! Am I turning the wrong one???

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I finally got it!!!
Turn the screw OUT to lower the beam.
The reason that it did no good was that the headlight bracket that mounts to the T-stem was bent upwards.
A long drift and a couple of good smacks with a BFH and now I am in business!!!

This bike has only 2000 miles on it. I guess the PO never rode it at night.
Does not say much for the factory set-up department!!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
honest-al sorry if I was wrong about which side, my 1700 service manual shows the left one as vertical adjust I just "ASSUMED" it would be the same on the 900. Any way glad you found the cause of your problem, to bad all troubles are not this easy to find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts