Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby and I are heading off for our first long motorcycle trip. We are going to the East Coast (Cabot Trail in Cape Breton), heading up to the Gaspe and home. The total amount of time we will be gone is 3 weeks - only a few days of which are putting a lot of miles on the bike.

Can't wait for the adventure to begin. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds awesome! Enjoy and stay safe.
Cheers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Good times ahead! Ride safe and enjoy your adventure.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Your heading to my neckothewoods...
Start at the "chetticamp" entrance...and do the trail clockwise. There is a fantastic park to stay at before you do the trail (if your so inclined)..it's a provincial park with all the necessities.
DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE RIDE! IT'S HIGHLY TECHNICAL IN SPOTS....20 KPH IN SOME PLACES.....AND VERY STEEP!
There is a motorcycle wreck every other day. I don't mean to frighten you off by any means....but be careful...(lots of moose)...and cars that frequently meet you in your lane....go slow and keep to the inside of the curve as much as possible. The scenery is outstanding. It's credentials include being voted as the most beautiful island in the world in 3 of the last 10 years. It's truly awe inspiring. The wife and I went half way around...stayed at a hotel...and did the remainder the next day....if you have the time, it's a great way to relax and take everything in. Again, go slow and don't underestimate the ride....it has long stretches that lull you into a false sense of the ride.
Have fun and ride safe!
We also did the ride on our 09 PEARL WHITE/TITANIUM 900lt...loaded down with tents and sleeping bags (strapped on top of the saddlebags)...lol. The nine handled it EFFORTLESSLY! It was this trip that convinced me that the 9 is the perfect mid-size cruiser.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Have a safe ride and don't forget to share the trip, this ride is definitely on my bucket list and i hope to do it in the next 2 years.

Stay safe ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have a great trip. I grew up in Alberta, and would love to visit the Maritimes someday. I hope the hurricane doesn't cause you too many problems.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Sounds like a really great adventure. :good::good:

Have lots of fun, enjoy each other's company, and ride safe!

(Don't forget the pictures!)

·
Registered
658 Posts
sounds like a great trip. safe travels!

·
Registered
455 Posts
This is an awesome trip ! As are all the "...Trails" routes in the Maritimes !

Shinny side up !

·
Registered
40 Posts
I did the Maritimes a few 'moons' ago and enjoyed the 'wow' factor. I did include PEI (pre bridge), or as a local called it "The Trillion $ Farm". Took the Wood Islands Ferry to Caribou, NS and then on to North Sydney and then did "THE Trail". I came back stateside thru Lake Placid. You will certainly find the people friendly......and ditto on the moose.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts