Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if a LED headlight modulator is available? I have a signal dynamics on my stock bulb but is not compatible with LED bulb:frown2:. Of course If I run the Cyclops on High beam maybe they will still see me:devil2:

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes yes it's legal. In all 50 states. I have the modulator on my headlight currently. But it will not work with an LED light.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Kisan has a modulator that is compatible with LEDs. I believe the product number is P115W. I have one that I have been using for years. I think Signal Dynamics still makes one, too, but I have seen a lot of bad reviews on theirs.

·
Registered
142 Posts
After reading the article jdocster linked in his last message, I am truly confused. The article starts out suggesting headlight modulators are the best thing since sliced bread. By the end they're positively a bad idea .... I'm all for anything that improves my odds of being seen, so initially I was thinking yeah, good idea! By the end I don't know what to think.

How many are using a headlight modulator now? What do you think them at this point? Thanks - Randy

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will use a modulator whenever I can. The article made it overly complicated. I use a Signal Dynamics unit. It Will Not work with LED headlights. But it is much cheaper.i didn't drill my headlight bucket, I just zip tied the sensor to the clutch cable. The longest part of the mount was getting the wind screen off. Now If I just had one of those new Orange paint jobs......

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
I use a modulator and won't ride solo without it. I turn it off (i.e. use low beams) when riding with a group, unless I have asked (I usually don't, though) if they mind riding in front of a modulated bike and they say it's OK. I have ridden in groups where they like for folks to use them as it makes it easier to see who is behind and how far back.

The number of people who pull out in front of me or turned left in front of me from oncoming traffic reduced significantly once I started using a modulator. It went from being a nearly weekly thing on my work commute to practically never happening since. I think those rare times it still happens it is usually because stupid people think I am flashing my light for them to go ahead, as if a person could work the dimmer of any vehicle that fast continuously and steadily for any length of time. In the last 3 or so years, I have had one oncoming school bus (the driver looked like he was drugged out and had headphones on, which is illegal anyway) turn left in front of me and two cars almost pull out in front of me.

·
Registered
142 Posts
beerslayer and Saber-t

Thanks for your comments. I'm back on track to get a modulator for sure! - Randy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts