Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought virtually new 2006 2000 classic. put kawasaki windshield on it. put lowers on it. shield is all the way down. My head/helmet vibrate/shake so bad that it is giving me double vision, is dangerous and i am at a loss as to what to do about it. Dealer said he has never heard of it. I told him to take it for a ride with my HJC helmet on and hold on because it will feel like his head is going to come off. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. I don't drink but might start if it will help me here..........Thanks to all who reply. Love the motorcycle but must get to the bottom of this.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Not sure if yours is like mine or not, but I modified the brackets so that I could tilt the windshield back. Made the upper up and down slot L shaped.
Leaned it back about 1" at the bracket which equates to 1.5 - 2" at the top.
Cured my buffeting problem.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Tilt windshield back it totally stopped the buffeting.. loosen top bolts holding shield > remove bottom 2 bolts tilt bracket forward > I used my old riser - handle bar caps >added an extra short bolt on one side and bolted the other side thru the riser hole and thru the original hole.. probable a bad explanation but here is a pic hope it helps. Any piece of metal you can use will probably work. The key is my windshield follows the same line as the forks .. This fix actually took me like 20 minutes and it was amazing how much better it is. Plus i think my beast looks better..

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
I agree with the previous posts. Its the screen angle that causes the buffeting. I have fitted a Fabbri (Italian) screen to my V2K. I have manufactured my own polished brackets and had to keep adjusting the inclination backwards until the turbulence pocket moved. The screen angle is pretty much parallel to the fork legs (28ish deg?). Just got it perfect for my 6'3" gait and hit a pigeon whilst out for a sunday morning ride. Destroyed the screen and one bracket went sailing off never to be seen again. Two more brackets (to a slightly different design) and had the same turbulence again. Noticable most with my visor up. Tweaked the angle and sorted once again.
Ride Safe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's a simple problem; the top of the windshield should be level with the tip of your nose in order to not have that ridiculous vibrating. Go on GOOGLE & check to see if my information is valid, 'How to Properly Measure/Adjust A Motorcycle Windshield'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts