Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my 24000 kilometer service done Oil was down 2 liters coolant empty My temp gage has not hit the read zone Nor did my oil light come on. No Error codes flashed either. Dealer did the service told me to keep any eye on it. Well last night my eye found seepage at the head of the rear jug. This bike has never left a puddle of anything no mater where it was parked.Glad it happened at home and not on the trip I had planned next week. Any one else run into this?
Bike has 22208 kilomters and uses Amsoil :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
What do you mean "Oil was down 2 liters"? Are you saying it was low by 2 liters? And then you say "coolant empty", are you saying there was no coolant in the radiator? Sorry but this just doesn't make since. Please explain.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Head

I meant the coolant reservoir was empty. When they changed the oil they said they put in more than they took out 1-2 litres. Until Wednesday there has been no signs of leakage of either fluid. The bike is parked in the same place all the time. And yes I do check my levels NO white smoke from the exhaust or Blue from burnt oil Earlier in June we went to Ottawa 700 kilometers round trip Check the bike before leaving , The coolant was at the lower hash mark, oil was fine Bringing it in Tuesday for a leak down test and lookie see. I am stunned that no warning lights came on to indicate any problems. The temp Gage was in its normal range the whole trip.
Sorry for the confusion

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good question was here earlier, about only pressure sensors and temp :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
I can understand all the coolant being sucked out of the reservoir simply because they did not put enough back in it. The first time it cools off it will suck in what it needs and apparently there was not enough in the tank and not enough in the engine to start with.

Do you ever check the oil? Did it remain constant?

Changing your own oil you will know how much comes out. You are saying that you were low 2 1/4 quarts of oil when they changed it?

Something does not sound right. I would think they know about the two drain plugs..... sounds like they don't know how much they took out. It is easy to tell the difference between 1 quart or 2 quarts....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts