Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a riding buddy tell me the other day that my headlight seemed dim
granted it was on low beam. any suggestions for headlight (besides the obvious switch it to high beam) brands that have a more powerful beam and also tail lights that are much more visible.

Thanks

·
Registered
382 Posts
check the grounds and wires. are our 900s known for having small wiring? perhaps upgrade to a heavier wire. Try a new bulb. They dim over time.

·
Registered
782 Posts
See the link below for a brighter headlight bulb. The site I took this from has a lot of stuff for Vulcan Nomads so I am not 100% sure of the part numbers for the upgrade. But I am betting you can do a little digging at a local auto parts store and find a brighter bulb that will fit.

http://www.gadgetjq.com/headlight_replacement.htm

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
It would also be wise to do a quick charging system voltage check, also. Should read approx. 14.5v when the bike is running at between 2000 and 3000rpm across the battery terminals.

·
Registered
33 Posts
head light bulb

Jeep Pirate is right with the link he posted. There is alot of good info on that site and more than you think will carry over to the 900's. I got the bulb its referring to and it does light up the night. The only thing that differs is the bulb is actually 100 watts on low beam and 80 on high. I ride with the high beam on during the day anyways so its not pulling as much power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts