Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to order a set of these. I went to HD's site and searched the part number and come up empty. Then I decided to pick a random year softail classic. This is what they are showing now. http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/fork-mount-wind-deflector. Have any of you all tried these? I will continue my search for the others. These do not looks to offer the same wind protection as the other and they have the HD badge on the front of them too.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Per the other thread(s) 58125-90B is the right number to order. Will have to elongate either the top or bottom hole in each deflector though, by about 1/2 or 3/4 of the hole diameter.

The angle sides face forward, not backward as some I've seen install them.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally heard back from my closest Harley Dealer (1.5 hours away). They said that they were an obsolete part and they did not have any in stock. They are a smaller dealer so I am hoping there might be some on a shelf somewhere. I am going to try and contact the place I ordered them from to see if they actually have it in stock.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well after a few days, I have called and sent a couple emails and have not heard anything back from the place I ordered them from. I check my credit card statement and noticed that the money has been credited back to my account. My guess is they do not have them in stock when their site said they did.

At least they do not have my money, but at least letting me know about it would have been nice. I am still going to pester them until I talk to some one. It has turned in to a principal matter.

Does anyone know if I could use 58121-85B instead? They are for the Road Kinds and they still show up on HD's site. Or any other alternative besides P Clamps and cutting my own lexon?

·
Registered
13 Posts
:DI got the 57400143 they have them in stock at the chandler H D in AZ. 89.00 plus tax. I haven't put them on but it looks like they will fit without any modifications at all. I have the stock Kawasaki windshield

1 - 7 of 7 Posts