Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had some jackass pull out in front of me and present me with the split second decision of collision or pavement. I chose pavement. This being said, with insurance money in hand, I decided to replace the Powershots with Freedom Performance Sharp Radius Curves. The heat shield on the Powershots was all that was damaged, but, since I am replacing the broken stuff myself, I had plenty of insurance money to get different pipes.

Now, I remember reading that there's a HD crush gasket that can be used for our bikes that's perhaps cheaper, but certainly more readily available, than the Kawasaki ones (dealer does not have them). Does anyone know what the part number is or what to ask for when I go in there? If I don't know, as soon as I say Kawasaki, they'll shut down and tell me to go to the kawi dealer. Been there, done that.

Anybody want some scuffed up fatty bars to paint or powdercoat or something? They're not bent, just scuffed. Otherwise they'll just hang on the wall in my garage.

Thanks!

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
You will like the freedoms.

Never heard of any HD gasket's working for that. Maybe just take your old one up to a HD dealer and ask if they have one that size?

How long would it take for the Kaw dealer to get some in? I can't see it taking very long...

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
I like how they sound on my neighbor's HD, and they are pretty badass looking. You know if they're a lot louder than the powershots on our bikes? I expect them to be louder, and am welcoming that. Just curious as to how much louder.
Don't know about the powershots.

I had the cobra shorties for about 7 years on my V2K before I switched to the sharp curves early last year.

I really like the sound of the freedom's at idle. Very deep and rich.

On "roll-on", they are about the same as the cobra shorties.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Anybody want some scuffed up fatty bars to paint or powdercoat or something? They're not bent, just scuffed. Otherwise they'll just hang on the wall in my garage.

Thanks!
Fatty bars...as in engine guard/crash bars? If so, yeah, I'm interested and I'm only 140 miles away and maybe heading at least partially that way in the next day or two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts