Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I really like the look and feel of the victory highball, and would like to put apes of similar size and look onto my custom but I cannot for the life of me find out where I can buy them (Im from Canada so buying in Canada is definitely preferred.)

I don't want to go too high because I don't want to rerun the cables.

Any help would be appreciated with the bars and the applicable risers (if needed which I think they are)

Thanks in advance from the rookie!:wink2:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey I see this is a couple months old but I just put some 10" z bars from road 6 customs on my 08 custom and I love them. They are definitely as high as you can go without changing at least the clutch cable but I would recommend changing them all. With 10" no changing just rerouting. Really good products and came quickly. Hope this helps, I too like the feel of the highball and this gives it a very similar feel.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i bought 10" mini apes from JP Cycles for a mere $36. like what was said above, this is the highest you can go with stock cables. it took me about 4-5 beers to install.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any chance either of you fellows might have pics?

·
Registered
49 Posts
here ya go!

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I like the High ball bars as well and just put some similar ones on my 900 that I got on ebay, they have gussets unlike the ones on the High Ball but I like these as much or more. 12 inches with stock classic risers. I also swapped the right control box for the one on the 1600 to gain a little room for the throttle cables.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, this helps!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Here's my bike. I bought it as pictured; but, I think it has 10 or 12" apes on a 1" pull back riser. The pictured setup has them pulled back, but due to my long arms, the bars are now pushed forward. I like the new setup with one exception: the new angle for the grips kills my hands. The angle needs to be less severe; BUT, if you take out some of the angle, the bike will be much harder to turn.

Any suggestions? Should I try finding a new bar; or would new grips solve my hand pain? The grips are stock.

Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts