Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep reading how great the stock windshield works on the Nomad with a cocoon of still air behind it. I'm not to keen on looking thru the windshield, I would rather look over it mostly during rain or fog. Problem is I'm only 5' 8" so I may need a shorter screen. Is one available and if so will it ruin the comfort level these bikes are known for. I'm hoping someone here has tried this. Thanks

· Registered
576 Posts
Cee Baileys can custom cut a shield for you, even tint it if you'd like. http://www.ceebaileys.com/kawasaki/

If you cut a shield you do reduce the effect of the shield. You can gain it back though by adding a set of lowers. The larger the lowers the better the effect.

· Registered
18 Posts
I'm 6'0" and the stock windshield (23") when lowered all the way was still to tall for my liking.
I had 2" cut off the top to give me some aditional adjustability and I didn't feel any loss of effect. I also have the stock lowers.

2012 Nomad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.