Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone has lifted the front end of their bike, I figure it has enough torque and with some intake and exhaust mod's it should come up quite easily.

Really Im just kidding around I have no intention of stunt riding my kawi cowboy

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Never lifted one off the ground but have scooted my front wheel by pulling out too hard in a slight curve. Done that on my 1600 Meanie and my V2K. I also have never tried too. My mentality is that if it has 2 wheels I would like to be using both all the time. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha nice, on my raider i heard of people skipping the front wheel into 2nd gear.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I did pull one at my license test at the DMV on my 83 Honda 650 Nighthawk. I was going through this part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp6leeoL--c

I did not get up to speed quick enough and they were nice enough to let me try it again. Well I thought to myself I am not failing it since this was my 3rd (and final) try to get my license, so I wicked up the throttle launched the bike as bast as I could, the front wheel lifted but still low enough to power through it. Then when I stopped It felt like it was about to stand on the front. :D

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Yes I have, several times. It's not something that just anyone should try. This is a heavy bike and it takes a special balance between throttle/clutch and speed to do it.

What I'm trying to say is I hope no one tries to do it unless they really want to and know what they are doing.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I can just picture me doing this with my vaquero...lol

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Many times. I do it to tease my Harley riding friends.:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
I did pull one at my license test at the DMV on my 83 Honda 650 Nighthawk. I was going through this part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp6leeoL--c

I did not get up to speed quick enough and they were nice enough to let me try it again. Well I thought to myself I am not failing it since this was my 3rd (and final) try to get my license, so I wicked up the throttle launched the bike as bast as I could, the front wheel lifted but still low enough to power through it. Then when I stopped It felt like it was about to stand on the front. :D
Most importantly, did you pass??

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Most importantly, did you pass??
they passed me. The lady said if I could keep it on 2 wheels after all of that then it is ok for me to have a license.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Yes I have twice.... not on purpose but was seeing what kind of torque I could get out of it and spin the rear tire like I did all the time on my Venture.. First one was a good one as I did not expect it to do that, the second one was a couple feet. I was thinking it was like my Venture and was too front heavy.... guess not....

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Most I've done was a good loooong bark hitting second. I've never been the wheelie type, I really like my rubber on the road!

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Guy I work with was at bikeweek a couple years ago on his Valcary, know not spelled right. A bunch of guys were doing wheelies on thier Harleys and he wanted to show them what his bike could do. Stood on streight up and blew out both forks when it came back down. He just had them rebuilt before he left for Florida.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Once totally by surprise too. I was on my test ride after installing a new map in PCV. I stopped by my son's house and when I left I decided to roll that throttle hard and boy it laid me back and I felt that little thump as it came back down to the road. He's only the third house before the stop sign so all I could do was hit it and let off. He called to ask me if I knew it came up or not. I wasn't sure until then.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have on accident on my sports bikes a couple times. I'm not into it as I really enjoy having nice bikes. Stunting seems silly to me.

·
Registered
636 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts