Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has installed a fi2000r on their v2k and how easy did it install and how were the results??? Ive heard mixed reviews on other bikes and wondering how it would function with cobra pipes and stock air?? I know some people like power commander better but I already purchased it and am going to give it a shot so let it rip. Is there any positives. I dont have major mods, just putting on pipes, maybe K&N oem replacement down the road but that is it. Cant return it, bought on ebay for real cheap.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has installed a fi2000r on their v2k and how easy did it install and how were the results??? Ive heard mixed reviews on other bikes and wondering how it would function with cobra pipes and stock air?? I know some people like power commander better but I already purchased it and am going to give it a shot so let it rip. Is there any positives. I dont have major mods, just putting on pipes, maybe K&N oem replacement down the road but that is it. Cant return it, bought on ebay for real cheap.
I have the Cobra processor on my V2K LT. I also have the Cobra HP 2 into 1 pipes, with a K & N air filter. I've used the Cobra and PC III on my former bike, a Classic 1600. I added the Cobra FI, after I added the Cobra exhaust. It added a little more torque and stopped all the "popping" you get on decel. The default settings were : 3-5-0, which seems too "rich" for my setup. After trying several combinations, I found 2-4-1 gave my bike the best performance and I still get 39 mpg average.
To install the processor, you'll have to remove the tank. It can be done be raising it up, but it's easier to get to the fuel injector plugs with the tank removed. I have my unit mounted under the seat, ty-wrapped for extra security. Overall, I'm very pleased with the Cobra FI2000r. It's inexpensive, easy to mount, simple to adjust, and does the job very well. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Cobra processor on my V2K LT. I also have the Cobra HP 2 into 1 pipes, with a K & N air filter. I've used the Cobra and PC III on my former bike, a Classic 1600. I added the Cobra FI, after I added the Cobra exhaust. It added a little more torque and stopped all the "popping" you get on decel. The default settings were : 3-5-0, which seems too "rich" for my setup. After trying several combinations, I found 2-4-1 gave my bike the best performance and I still get 39 mpg average.
To install the processor, you'll have to remove the tank. It can be done be raising it up, but it's easier to get to the fuel injector plugs with the tank removed. I have my unit mounted under the seat, ty-wrapped for extra security. Overall, I'm very pleased with the Cobra FI2000r. It's inexpensive, easy to mount, simple to adjust, and does the job very well. Hope this helps.
Great info and thanks for the quick response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts