Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I did a 5000 km (3100 miles) trip on the Kawasaki Gel Seat for my 900LT and found that I could only get an hour and a bit at first and was lucky if I got 3/4 of an hour near the end of the trip before my tailbone and a$$ was killing me. I have just completed a 4100 km (2600 miles) trip on the Mustang Wide Touring Seat and found the same thing.

Has anyone tried the Ultimate Seat ( http://www.ultimateseats.ca/ ). I noticed they have a 14 day money back warranty so this might be the next seat to try.

I understand that everyones butt is different, however any comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
273 Posts
ultimate seat

Thanks for the link, checked it out, they are very pricey. They all seem to tell you they are better than the rest though! Most mustang seat owners all say they are wonder seats and your butt never gets sore riding on one? Looking at the saddlemen explorer too on my end. Hard to decide since no one has one in my area and no dealers carry them either to sample before buying?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Crooksie -

I have not used that seat. I went with the Russel Day-long seat, and I should be getting that back in a week.

gmer140 -
I bought a saddlemens explorer seat last year. And most of last year, it felt a whole lot better than the OEM. This year however, I think it has broken down and now is in the same category as the stock seat. I am ~300lbs, and ride daily commute of 135 miles. YMMV.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I haven't had any experiece with the Ultimate saddles but I've see a few good review though. Also seen a few good reviews of the Russel Day long saddles as well. You won't find many reviews because of the price tag both of these carry. Of course, what they say may not apply to you because every butt has a mind of its own. Having said that I had a good experience with the Corbin Young Guns but had to sell it because I ride 2up very often and the young guns rear section is not really made for touring. I choosed this one over the Mustang Day tripper because it was more comfy to me and in my opinion it looked better on the bike. The make one that's called a Dual Tour and there are tons of great reviews on it and of course just like everything else some unhappy ones as well. Right now I have a kawa gel for when I ride two up and because it has a big area for the passanger wife stays happy and when riding solo I put on my new Willie & Max and while a few have given it great reviews I didn't find it that great but it looks good so I'm keeping it for a while. So far the most comfortable to me has been the Corbin. If I ever find a used ultimate, russell, corbin touring style saddles I will give it a shot to replace the gel i currently have.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Crooksie -

I have not used that seat. I went with the Russel Day-long seat, and I should be getting that back in a week.
Excellent choice. I've been on a Russel since last October and love it (9000+ miles later). I only use the Driver's Backrest on longer trips.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have the Corbin Dual Tourer on my 2010 SE, just over 500 miles since I put it on. With the stock seat 30-35mins and my butt was looking for relief, now 2hrs plus is no problem. Keep in mind Corbin says it takes 2000 miles before the seat is truly broken-in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also went with the Day-Long. It was pricey but I love my seat and really can ride all day without issue. As a side note, I also decided to get the drivers backrest and am glad I did. The seat is a huge improvement

1 - 8 of 8 Posts