Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 5' 8" and most bikes tend to be either too tall or put me too far from the handlebars. I know many of you can relate to how manufacturers build bikes for 6' tall people... to all others, we pay extra to add parts and fit the bike to us.

I've installed longer bars under a Harley Batwing fairing and it left a bad taste in my mouth... the radio and handlebar clamp required me to cut down allen wrenches and it was just a complete PITA. Trust me, Harley does not want you to get in there and mess around.

Question for Voyager owners:

If you've installed a handlebar riser to put the bars closer to you, did you have to do anything to the cables (relocate or change) and did you have to remove the fairing?

I've read on here that installing a riser on the Nomad requires minimal effort and MAYBE relocating a cable or two, but does not require replacing anything.

Thoughts on the Voyager?

·
Registered
644 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
'new kawi rider' on this forum has installed the Scootworks 2 inch fat risers on his Voyager and seems happy with them. He and I swapped rides couple of weeks ago to compare and I did like how they were positioned. I will be adding them in the future as well. I'm same height as you.
I'm sure he will chime in here soon. He did have to relocate the brake line to reach, that is all I believe.

http://www.shopscootworks.com/RISERS-1700-CLASSIC-LT-NOMAD-VOYAGER-VAQUERO-detail.htm?productId=-143815&browse=-20181&shopBy=-3244&catalogId=-799

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
'new kawi rider' on this forum has installed the Scootworks 2 inch fat risers on his Voyager and seems happy with them. He and I swapped rides couple of weeks ago to compare and I did like how they were positioned. I will be adding them in the future as well. I'm same height as you.
I'm sure he will chime in here soon. He did have to relocate the brake line to reach, that is all I believe.

http://www.shopscootworks.com/RISERS-1700-CLASSIC-LT-NOMAD-VOYAGER-VAQUERO-detail.htm?productId=-143815&browse=-20181&shopBy=-3244&catalogId=-799

Thanks, Almsy...

To the best of my knowledge, the bars are thicker on the Voyager than on the Nomad. Two different part numbers for a Phatriser?

·
Registered
112 Posts
What I see from Scootworks web site, they do appear to be different sizes, I don''t know firsthand though.

For the Voyager- Part # SWR-26,w8 VN1700 Voyager - PHATRISER-1XV POLISHED Handlebar Risers (1-1/4" bars)

For the Nomad- Part # SWR-22,w8 VN1700 Classic & VN1700 Nomad - PHATRISER-1X POLISHED Handlebar Risers (1" bars)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I see from Scootworks web site, they do appear to be different sizes, I don''t know firsthand though.

For the Voyager- Part # SWR-26,w8 VN1700 Voyager - PHATRISER-1XV POLISHED Handlebar Risers (1-1/4" bars)

For the Nomad- Part # SWR-22,w8 VN1700 Classic & VN1700 Nomad - PHATRISER-1X POLISHED Handlebar Risers (1" bars)
Almsy, is your profile picture with or without the risers? Your arms look pretty straight.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Almsy, is your profile picture with or without the risers? Your arms look pretty straight.
I haven't got them on my bike yet, I rode 'new kawi rider's' Voyager. He has them and they fit me well.

One thing at a time. LOL Just put on the Cobra PowerPro last Monday.

When I bought this last December I thought 'good.. a bike I won't have to add much too... Yeah..right! $1000+ later, It's darn near perfect now.. :)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Yes I have the 2 inch up and back scoot work risers. They are great once you get them installed. I had to mess with them to get them straight And reroute the break line under the tree. Easy fix!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
45 Posts
I haven't got them on my bike yet, I rode 'new kawi rider's' Voyager. He has them and they fit me well.

One thing at a time. LOL Just put on the Cobra PowerPro last Monday.

When I bought this last December I thought 'good.. a bike I won't have to add much too... Yeah..right! $1000+ later, It's darn near perfect now.. :)
so just curious did the swr-26 fit the voyager now I'm reading they don't fit and you need swr-30

1 - 9 of 9 Posts