Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have pics of a vulcan custom 900 bobber or anything crazy mods like that,, thinking of chopping my bike up

·
Registered
782 Posts
Google VN900 bobber and just look at all the images you get. From as simple as replacing the seat and rear fender to complete chop jobs. There was a guy on here a month or so ago that did this kind of thing regularly. Sorry, can't remember his name but I remember seeing the picture he posted. I think he was talking about how great it was to work with VN900s because they have all the nice features like fuel injection, etc. that you don't find on old bikes. But they still have the lines and frame of an old hard tail so they look good when bobbed. Anyway, while searching I found this picture. It isn't a Vulcan (I don't think), but you might consider going for this look. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Lotsa youtube videos of 900 bobbers, check them out, it will give u lotsa ideas too.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Google VN900 bobber and just look at all the images you get. From as simple as replacing the seat and rear fender to complete chop jobs. There was a guy on here a month or so ago that did this kind of thing regularly. Sorry, can't remember his name but I remember seeing the picture he posted. I think he was talking about how great it was to work with VN900s because they have all the nice features like fuel injection, etc. that you don't find on old bikes. But they still have the lines and frame of an old hard tail so they look good when bobbed. Anyway, while searching I found this picture. It isn't a Vulcan (I don't think), but you might consider going for this look. :D
what the hell are those 2 yellow things at the back, i zoomed in on the pic and still could not make em out, suprised the boating gas tank is not bungeed on.

·
Registered
252 Posts
If I know my fishing gear, the two yellow baskets are bait buckets used for crickets or minnows.

·
Registered
927 Posts
If I know my fishing gear, the two yellow baskets are bait buckets used for crickets or minnows.
You know your fishing gear, thats what it is....

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lmao why that bike is ugly. yeah i seen some on youtube but was wondering any1 that had one here on the forum

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Indeed, lilduec... very nice. You should submit pics for the next BOTM.

How did you alter the air cleaner to give it that design?

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
lilduec, did you paint the air box cover? Looks really cool. I like it a lot better than the chrome replacement cover I just bought........

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hang ten!!!

:cool:

·
Registered
111 Posts
What/where is the BOTM (Bike of the month?) The air cleaner is actually a cover I got from http://www.azece.com/ I cut out the cover right at the lip around the 900. Then I made a flat bracket and drilled a hole that mounts to the 44mag cover and holds it on the lip. Then I sealed it with waterproof caulk. Hard to explain but its really easy to do. Look at the website because there are alot of different things you can buy. Any questions please feel free to ask!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Helek_52 thanks for the info, looks like I missed this months by a couple of hours. Oh well I'll wait until September.
seandh07 I got it from Brittmotorsports.com but you can get it from Meancycles.com too. Check for the best prices!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wow havent been here on for a while but awsome bike bro, im looking for handlebars right now i want some beach bars, your bike is very nice what size is ur rear tire

1 - 20 of 25 Posts