Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm hoping to upgrade my headlight in my 06 VN1600B this winter and after much reading, it does appear that swapping the assembly for an actual LED assembly (like the JW Speaker) is vastly superior to just throwing an LED H4 bulb in there. The problem is most these headlights are made for Harley's, and not for our Vulcans. Sure there are chinsy adapter rings, but the reviews are that they fail rather quickly. So I was thinking, why not just get a headlight bucket for a Harley, so the light made for Harley's will fit without having to bumblef**k around with all that. Naturally, I'm sure, the bucket would require an adapter or brackets to mount to my bike as well, because things can't just be easy...if they were we would have JW Speaker making lights for our bikes.

I'm sure this is not an original idea, so I'm hoping to get some advise as to the best/easiest bucket and adapter setup for what I'm looking to do.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Man oh man I've been chewing on that for my 650 S. It really wants a tech headlight. While I understand the design cues of the Kawi 650's 'hulked back headlight' where the lines of the tank curve down into the lowered cowled headlight. I really think a Daymaker, deeper into the upper forks is a great look too. My question...Is there a headlight that can be more open, ie doesn't need a bucket? I mean thin, thin bucket or none at all? Then I could get it deep and high.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man oh man I've been chewing on that for my 650 S. It really wants a tech headlight. While I understand the design cues of the Kawi 650's 'hulked back headlight' where the lines of the tank curve down into the lowered cowled headlight. I really think a Daymaker, deeper into the upper forks is a great look too. My question...Is there a headlight that can be more open, ie doesn't need a bucket? I mean thin, thin bucket or none at all? Then I could get it deep and high.
They do make direct mount ones, but you may need to find somewhere to hide all the wires typically tucked away in the bucket.

https://www.getlowered.com/j-w-speaker-5-75-pedestal-mount-led-headlight/

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow I love these forums...All wisdom at the touch of a button...thanks for the quick response...The problem is ...one) the 650 s I have to use side mounts...cest non? 2) yah how do I do that tidy?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts