Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a Harley guy furious today. Funny thing is I started the conversation telling him how much I like the street glide. Somewhere along the line he thought it would be appropriate to call my v2k slow and weak...so...I responded that I payed $3500 for it and it would smoke nearly any unmodified harley. We have worked together and talked daily for almost a year and he proceeded to cuss me out and put my bike down. He went on to say,"there are two kind of motorcycle riders, those who ride harleys and those who wish they could". Funny thing though, i've never seen him on his. I guess I could've handled it with a little more maturity, but that attitude that some have about harleys is ridiculous. Now he wants me to race his heavily modified sportster.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I made a Harley guy furious today. Funny thing is I started the conversation telling him how much I like the street glide. Somewhere along the line he thought it would be appropriate to call my v2k slow and weak...so...I responded that I payed $3500 for it and it would smoke nearly any unmodified harley. We have worked together and talked daily for almost a year and he proceeded to cuss me out and put my bike down. He went on to say,"there are two kind of motorcycle riders, those who ride harleys and those who wish they could". Funny thing though, i've never seen him on his. I guess I could've handled it with a little more maturity, but that attitude that some have about harleys is ridiculous. Now he wants me to race his heavily modified sportster.
Shucks he ain't worth frettin' over. Just ride and enjoy your beast and if need be I will lend you my 1983 GS1100E to smoke him properly.

:smile:

·
Registered
61 Posts
This make me laugh. There is a customer I have that always says he is gonna throw rice under my bike. Its a 900c. In the mean time he is rolling around in a knock off hover round. I ask him if he still rides a harley. When he said no I just kinda point to his scooter and say "I think yours came outta the same country mine did but I dont think you can keep up."

Makes him pretty mad.

You should race that guy so when he looks over his shoulder and your pretty close he will realize how much money he wasted.

Like their slogan says "its not just a bike its a lifestyle"...haha yeah...:rolleyes:

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
you said
responded that I payed $3500 for it and it would smoke nearly any unmodified harley.

he said
there are two kind of motorcycle riders, those who ride harleys and those who wish they could.

I bet he is big and fat and you are skinny... if you would have nailed him, you wouldn't have to race him now.

It's not about bikes... it's kahonnies!

·
Registered
228 Posts
idk the V2k might take him the first day i got my v2k only after market pipes, got in a little drag on the open high way with my friend who has a dyna glide with screaming egale package he got me in the hole shot (once again first day on the bike) gut i quickly ran him down. Now i will smoke him. One bad ass bike rolling at 20mph rev it in 2nd gear drop the clutch and burn the tire.

I understand i wanna start a MC for only non Harley's. No matter how popular they are i will never drive one seams like they dont just sell you a bike but also make you a walking bilboard, giant label.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I think it'd be more accurate to say the two types of riders are those who ride Harleys and those who wish the Harley riders would shut up about their damn Harleys. Guys like that make it hard to even make the effort to reach out and bridge the gap, and give perfectly likeable Harley owners a bad name in the process.

And what kinda freakin bonehead would call a V2K weak and slow? Thing makes more torque than a mid-sized car.

·
Registered
154 Posts
There are two types of riders: those who ride big modified Harley's and those who are comfortable with their penis size.

Every time I see the people wearing all Harley gear, riding their Harley I'm reminded of the scene from PCU: You're going to wear the t-shirt of the band you're about to see? Don't be That Guy. Same for wearing the shirt of the bike you're going to ride.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I don't understand why people get all worked up about the kind of bike somebody rides. Sounds so juvenile...metric riders just as guilty as Harley riders.

·
Registered
432 Posts
LOL yesterday a co worker was bragging and showing pictures of the HD he used to own, so I showed a picture of my 800A, a second co worker chimed in and said why don't you(meaning me) ride a Harley, I said I only paid 1800 for mine and he said he understood then.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I could probably beat him in a race(pc3, pipes, resistor mod), especially a roll on. The whole situation just disappoints me.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I don't understand why people get all worked up about the kind of bike somebody rides. Sounds so juvenile...metric riders just as guilty as Harley riders.
I've seen some metric riders do some brand bashing.

But those HD kool-aid drinkers are miles beyond!

To be honest; since I started riding, my opinion of HD has significantly dropped because of the treatment I receive from a small percent of HD riders.
But, that attitude is exploited and nurtured by the Motor Company in their marketing. So, they share some of the blame.

I'm more than happy to ride, talk or hang out with any rider on any bike.
But, I can't stand and asshat that tells me I should feel bad for not having his preferred brand. LOL.

Ride safe
Scott

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I am there with ya. I love to shop talk. Cars/Trucks/Bike/Tractors/ anything with a motor and some things with out. I am opened minded to listen to everyone's opinions and take them as I please. It has nothing to do with what bike you ride, it is lack of the ability to understand that the bike you have might be the "Best" bike for you but some one else might have a different "Best" bike for them. Its not a Ford/Chevy, Harley/Metric, John Deere/International debate it is an Open/Closed minded debate.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He came and shook my hand this morning, but once I see someone's true nature it's hard to forget. I can find a bike by nearly any manufacturer that I'd be proud to own. I don't understand why some of them can't. The fastest stock cruiser made is a metric ( vmax), the fastest stock bike in general is a metric (zx14). if you point any of that out they just say they are ugly!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
He came and shook my hand this morning, but once I see someone's true nature it's hard to forget. I can find a bike by nearly any manufacturer that I'd be proud to own. I don't understand why some of them can't. The fastest stock cruiser made is a metric ( vmax), the fastest stock bike in general is a metric (zx14). if you point any of that out they just say they are ugly!
If the handshake was accompanied by a sincere and meaningful mea culpa; I would be quick to let it pass.
Yes, he showed himself to be an ass; and maybe you can never have a complete respect for him again.

But, it takes some degree of a spine and moral turpitude to admit he overreacted.

Scott

·
Registered
92 Posts
I ride with a lot of Harley owners and we all have a good time and love our bikes. There are always a few rotten apples no matter the brand.
True story--One time I stopped at a bar on my yellow GS 1100E and all of the Harley guys were kidding me and calling me the "Banana". It was all in fun but during a quite moment I loudly announced "any of you guys wanna race"? All of the Harley took a quick look at me then broke out in laughter as to see me in a 3-point football stance. I still ride with many of those guys and we always enjoy the ride. Heck some of them still call me the banana when I show up on the GS. Really it's all about the ride not what you ride.

Ride often and ride safe.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have to work with him, so we might as well be friends. Also, I respect him for "making amends". It'll just be one of those topics we can't discuss. Agree to disagree, I guess.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have owned a harley, loved the rumble, sold my bike on c-list in five hours. glad there are some zealots out there, Luckily Mi Amigos many h-d riders have attitude that you on t least are on 2 wheels,,, as good as it gets! Human Nature,,, ford guys chevy guys,,, dodge guys... so many over-react.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Was at my sister-in-law's house last weekend. Her husband mentioned he needed someone to help him get his SPORTSTER running. I told him I could swing by on my day off and take a look. Then they walked out with us to the bike as we geared up and climbed on. I started my 1600 Classic and immediately he shook his head and said "it don't sound like no harley..." I quickly replied "no, that's because it's not a Harley... Besides, how would you know? Yours hasn't ran since you bought it..." I shook my head and eased the clutch out and rolled away. Hope he can find someone else to insult as they work on his girl bike! LMAO

·
Registered
113 Posts
But, I will say, I have ridden with just as many harley guys who were proud to have me with them, as I have metric guys. Even when I had my crotch rocket, most guys were just proud to see me on two wheels, enjoying the sun on my face and the wind through my hair.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.