1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
941 Posts
That would be friggin sweeet. I wonder what the filter element is like. I really want to know if this would work. Cuz 32 bucks for a crappy factory filter is retarded.
A breather filter would have to be used then right?

·
Registered
382 Posts
hmmm... I like the dogdish on the bigger vulcans. ANyone try those? I'm not sure about knee-interference though. As much as I like the BAK, I'm leaning toward the S&S as it's a less exposed filter, and my MC is a 'summer DD', so even though I try to avoid rain here in MI, it still sees it quite often!

I really don't feel like servicing a KN filter every couple weeks...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes they will fit as they have the same mounting pattern as the Hypercharger which bolts up to the thunder adaptor.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Okay, so what is a Thunder adapter? Basically, if someone wanted to use this HD filter, what would they need to buy?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Okay, so what is a Thunder adapter? Basically, if someone wanted to use this HD filter, what would they need to buy?
I think Thunder is a competitor to baron, etc... for air filter kits on our motorcycles.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
40205A - Thunder Air Kit Adapter for Hypercharger - Vulcan 900
here is the part number. thunder mfg. is a company that makes air cleaner like baron, they make an adapter for a hypercharger, that adapter had the same bolt pattern as the cv carb harley air cleaner

·
Registered
382 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts