Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am about to install driving lights on my V2k, and I want this set to be hardwired into my switch/headlight. My next set, will be on a seperate switch.
Anyone have a good clear diagram of the deadlight connections. BTW, I will be using a fuse block, installed by the battery.

I am also looking for where I can get the multi-fit mounting bracket I have seen with some PIAA light kits. I don't need the light kits, these would enable me to
install on the forks, or other places, as I don't have an engine guard. Any Suggestions?

Thanks

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
sug,, auto zone has aux light wiring kits you can adapt (I have X times) to yor skoot.
it consist/includes of hot red 16g wire from Batt+ to fuse, then to relay. from relay 16g red wire to your lamps. from your lamps 16g blak wire to Batt- frame ground.
also included is lite duty 18g pair wire from circuit of your choice. I find under the seat the wire that feeds the license plate nite lite. it is only hot when your key on. this wire goes to the handle bar switch included is a momentary push button with LEDs and has double face tape to adhere on top of your switch housing. the return line of this pair goes back to the relay for on/off control.

this whole kit is/was $25.?

ok that takes care of the wiring.. Cooter has diagrams. I do too. somewhere. the kit comes with plenty diagrams for even simple can do it.

Mounting the lites to the bike.. typical lites usually have some kind of mounting brackets included. you have to look at your bike and decide where you want the lites and then figure out how to attach..
DO NOT put them on the forks, particular below the suspension. the road will beat the living snott outa your lamps and they will fail when you need them.
also keep them away from your turn signals as they will drown them out and nobody can see that your signaling to turn.
Put them on the frame. too bad you don't have a Roll Bar. get one! it gives you the widest mounting points and gives a LARGER image to oncoming traffic. You want to look menacing! even threatening if you can get away with it..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks....Poncho

I am getting a bar, actually ordered one, it came with wrong hardware, couldn't get the right hardware sent, so I sent it back, hassle. Ordering another one later. I am going to mount them temporarily to my highway pegs, which came with the bike, and I will just have to move the lights a few inches when I get the bar. I just want the lights hardwired in with the headlight, no seperate switch, so that it is always on.

thanks for your response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts