Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had these pipes installed on friday. I walked to the counter and the guys at the counter said they are the loudest pipes they've heard on these bikes.

I didnt quite believe them til they started it up.

These sound good but are ridiculously loud lol.

Around town i give it enough gas jus to keep the wheels moving, im scared to get busted by the police.

Anything in the high rpm range no matter how fast your going is so loud its very close to hurting.

im glad i dont drive like that often.

They wont pass MVI either.
Wowsers.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have the same pipes too...and, yeah, they are fricken loud. My wife said she thought a helicopter was landing in the front yard when I got home. I do love the sound though, very mean and rumbly. This is the day I picked my bike up. It was a cold rainy day but I had a blast.

·
BOTM Winner, January 2014
275 Posts
I have the RoadBurner Street Pros (made by the same guys only these are a two-pice design) and they are loud as hell. You may try some Spartpartz Hard Kore QuietBaffles. They work with the existing baffles to help quiet them down a bit more. I'm considering buying a set.

http://www.smartpartz.com/SPZHK250ST.html

my pipes:

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the RoadBurner Street Pros (made by the same guys only these are a two-pice design) and they are loud as hell. You may try some Spartpartz Hard Kore QuietBaffles. They work with the existing baffles to help quiet them down a bit more. I'm considering buying a set.

http://www.smartpartz.com/SPZHK250ST.html

my pipes:

those look great on your bike. I've read a lot of positive reviews for smartpartz baffles.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've noticed that if im at a stop or whatever idling......the sound of it idling changeds. I hear a 'click' then the sound changes to a 'underwater' type sound, and it clicks back and forth. i never noticed this til i put new pipes on.

anyone?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the same pipes and get that same water droplet sound every once in awhile.I also get a sort of ping sound around third to forth gear......but love the deep sound......

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts