Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I got my W&M solo seat on, and now I'm looking to spruce things up a little bit with a solo seat luggage rack. My problem is I don't know if there are any out there. I have seen a couple of dead threads out there of people wanting to do the same thing. So if I cant find anyone who had done it/tried it with any solo luggage racks out there not specifically for the vn900 I'm just going to find something close and see if I can make it work. I also saw a chrome tank rack for a larger vulcan but no dice for a 900... Any suggestions?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I also have searched but never found one.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
[QUOTE So if I cant find anyone who had done it/tried it with any solo luggage racks out there not specifically for the vn900 I'm just going to find something close and see if I can make it work. [/QUOTE]

Try one for the V Star 650, from memory it attaches with 3 screws / nut and bolts to the rear fender behind there solo seat option. just a thought but it may work.

http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/details.php?type=accessory&item=2026&

Good luck Maurice

·
Registered
711 Posts
My friends VTX 1800 Retro has a solo seat and a rack like the one on the picture above. No so attractive to me but to each his own.

·
Registered
782 Posts
My buddy had a Dyna HD and he had a luggage rack like you are looking for. But HD's have metal fenders, not plastic like ours. I don't know about the Star bike fenders. But it may be that the aftermarket folks have decided against encouraging someone to strap 50lbs of gear on top of a luggage rack that is attached to a plastic fender. Don't get me wrong, I think plastic is better than metal in this case unless you are trying stap down a lot of weight. Especially when I had to replace my front fender after a wreck. $160 for my fully painted fender was a lot better than the $600 - $800 for an unpainted metal HD fender.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts