Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning folks,
I’m going to throw this out there.
I’m building a bobber from my 88 . What are your thoughts on hardtail struts instead of shocks.
The reason for asking is simply for rear fender placement, with hardtail I could frame mount the fender with shocks I have to try and rig fender struts off the swing arm.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, Steve.

I knew I could rely on you to comment. I’m not going to do it, I value my spinal column to much with our roads !! Just seeing what people thought

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Hard tail , you sound young and like you have a good back. Just remember that the stock rear air pressure will no longer apply. And uh watch out for potholes

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hahahahahaha Hi Mike :)
The only problem with bobbers is they aint very practical :( in the respect of going very far with camping gear OR stickin stuff or fastening stuff on them if you happen to nip to the shops LOL you never know you may 1 day start to venture further a field & decide to go to a bike rally :) & need to camp over LOL (do they make tents big enough for some one 6ft 10 LOL) + yu never know your other half MAY 1day decide to go with you :) (or are you tryin to put her off LOL)
A bike to me as to be practical cunfy & not give me or Ange ARSE or back ache after 20mins of riding :) & have room to stick a tent & stuff IF we/ I ever decide to go camping LOL

Steve

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Steve,
I’m not building it to be practical, I’m building it for me and only me to just jump on and go for a spin!. I think if I ever talk lorraine into getting on a bike I’ll need a big old tourer with an armchair for her to sit in. That in itself is another problem as I’m 22stone by myself and my wife let’s say isn’t a size 6 !!! Plus luggage I have yet to find a big tourer that will take that !
I do have a tent too, it is a big arse tent for me to fit in though !. I’ll need a trailer !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts