Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy

I'm looking to replace my OEM bags with some Hard saddlebags and trunk.

What do you guys have? I believe I will probably have to get a Wompus rack for the trunk.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Most people who have hard bags have the Corbin bags. Personally, I am looking at these bags to put on the VN2K.

·
Registered
232 Posts
www.tsukayu.com

They have HUGE bags that look great and a few different options, a fantastic trunk AND the mount to go with it.

Good prices and good quality. Even a fairing if you like.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I would be interested to see what the strongs look like on a 2000.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I would be interested to see what the strongs look like on a 2000.
There are pictures of that on the website.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
There are pictures of that on the website.
I know, but they aren't real life pictures...

Just got a set of the jumbo strongs. Figure....on sale now. Huge bags
interesting. I will have to check them out. Can you post pictures of the bags when you get them installed?

·
Registered
232 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Here is mine with the jumbo strong bags (used), and the mutuza trunk. i am a cheap a$$, got all this done for under $300 bucks. did have to get brackets for a sissy bar with out the sissy bar to bolt the luggage rack to to have something to bolt the trunk to.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Here is mine with the jumbo strong bags (used), and the mutuza trunk. i am a cheap a$$, got all this done for under $300 bucks.
rt,, so 3 bennies did the trik? I s'pose price vs expectations commencerate?
way bak wen my RedBear'n was jus a pup and goin thru her bagger stage, I popped for these Tsunami Jumbos bag n trunk. it being xmas, they were on sale, I know I dropped 12c notes on em. Prices being what they are, my expectations.. the bar was set much higher.
I was sorely dissapointed with fit, finish and detail of this product for the monies shelled out. after attempted service, I peddled them for cheap and went a diffrent route with the Bear. I would have been better off spending a few more bux and getting some quality gear.. is my xperience. poncho

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
rt,, so 3 bennies did the trik? I s'pose price vs expectations commencerate?
way bak wen my RedBear'n was jus a pup and goin thru her bagger stage, I popped for these Tsunami Jumbos bag n trunk. it being xmas, they were on sale, I know I dropped 12c notes on em. Prices being what they are, my expectations.. the bar was set much higher.
I was sorely dissapointed with fit, finish and detail of this product for the monies shelled out. after attempted service, I peddled them for cheap and went a diffrent route with the Bear. I would have been better off spending a few more bux and getting some quality gear.. is my xperience. poncho
That's unfortunate. I have not owned any Tsukayu product myself but I have 2 good friends with the whole kit and their gear is really nice. Even through a full re-paint and re-assembly. I hope your experience was the rare one. Although I believe setting the bar higher from price alone takes you into Champion Sidecar or Corbin hardbag territory.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ya i got the trunk new for $50 plust the brackets and such, another $100. then i bought the bags and brackets off a firend for $100. other $50 were the lights i added. little extra awareness on my highway comute. I need all the storage for rain/cold weather gear here in NC never know the weather. Works well too for trips with the wife. Plus the trunk serves as a back rest for her as i about threw her off the back when i first got it.
But would say you get what you pay for i had to reinforce both bags and trunk they are awefull femsimy and bounce alot. Couple pieces of 3/8 lexan works well and is lighter than steel.
recently the latch on the trunk broke tring to figure out a replacement for that casue the oem one is as much as i paid for the trunk.

·
Registered
232 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
If your wallet can take it, the Corbin Beetle bags are my vote. Excellent bags that are molded to the 2K curves.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts