Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using the
HARD-KROME Res-Tec 3" Chrome Drag Pipes
If so how do you like them and are they very load.

I am looking for something louder than stock but not to loud.

Also If you are using them, I have a cobra f2000r fuel managment what are your settings.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Loud .... Very Loud

·
Registered
31 Posts
Whiting57... I think you may have heard the 3" drags without the Res-Tec option.

I have the 3" drags with the Res-Tec and they are not much louder than stock. I also added the hard core baffles which made a minimal difference.

I have the Big Air intake and the f2000r fuel management system. I think because the pipes are baffled with the Res-Tec option that the flow is restricted similar to stock. I have turned down the f2000r settings since I have had riders behind me complaining of very strong fuel smell from my exhaust. I am going to look into putting it on a dyno this summer.

I really like these pipes even though they were quite pricy.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I run HK 2.5 " straights and they are loud... With a very deep exhaust note.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Here's what I dont understand is when people are running with a FI2000R and talk about putting it on a dyno, how is this possible? The FI2000 doesn't have a USB port where the pc does, so how do you hook it up to a dyno machine without a USB connection? Just woundering!!!

·
Registered
941 Posts
You don't need a USB port on the FI. When they do the dyno they adjust the pots to achieve the best performance.

I have the 3" Big Drags are very loud. I get lots of comments about them being loud. And I have a feeling that is in a bad way. I need to have somebody else ride it so I can hear it from behind. I have tried the SmartPartz baffles and they don't do anything. And once they go in, good luck getting them out. The Res-Tec are supposed to be alot better. They look great.

What I don't get is when I went to HardKrome website just now they don't list my pipes or the Res-Tecs at all. But on the homepage at the bottom they are looking for test bikes from people that live in SoCal and one of the bikes is the VN900 06-11.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just went by the HardKrome website and I see what you are saying. No Res-Tec option anymore. They used to have a sizable write-up about the Res-Tec option but no more. Well I am glad I got them when I did. They really are not that much louder than stock which is what I was looking for. I posted a video comparison on here a year ago and even though my smart phone dB meter may not be accurate you can still see it didn’t get much louder when using it to compare. Here is that video again.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I think it sounded better with out the extra baffles. It had a deeper sound to it. I wish I had those pipes. Much better sounding then mine I think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts