Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of things that I miss when I moved from my Burgman Suzuki 650 to the Kawasaki 900 classic is the Givi E52 hard case mounted in the back.

Because I use my motorcycle to get into the French Quarter, even for formal events that require a jacket & tie (parking is so much easier with Kawi) - the horizontal nature of the Givi case was perfect for a sport jacket.

So my question is this, with the Cobra Sissy Bar/Luggage rack I now have mounted on my bike, will the Givi case work, can it be mounted on the Cobra? And if not, what is the alternative? I don't see saddle bags working well, as the coat would be laying vertically...

Thanks for any guidance from the forum!

Joel
New Orleans

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
unless the back rest is in 2 pieces ... ie the brackets remain on the bike seperate from the back rest, you may have to cut it and leave the brackets there to install the top case on the luggage rack, i dont have a cobra and when i searched on line, i could not get a full pic of it..... Im not sold on the idea of a givi 52ltr top case on a cruiser but its your bike.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Saddle bags look good and have plenty of room... I have a 900 LT. I too had several Burgmans. The 400 has a huge storage area. I can carry about 4 Walmart bags of stuff on the Kawa..... I just don't think the Givi would look good. Just my 2C.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts