Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was looking for some hard bags for my 2012 900 custom, I had some leather saddle bags friend put on for me when I was busy 1 day...but didn't mention the rear fender didn't have a bolt to keep the bags from sliding off...so yea I lost them going down the highway somewhere. So like I was saying looking to see if there are any hard bag suggestions that can get mounted on the bike.

hoping with money I get from school ill be able to afford some.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I dont have any personal experience with any specific hard bags but I can tell you that there are plenty out there. From $50 ebay bags all the way to $1000 bags from corbin and the likes. Hell a few guys have even put harley hard bags and stretched harley bags on their 900s. So basically it will come down to your preference and pockets.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't sure some cheap bags would be nice, be able to grab some groceries etc. I keep reading though that its different for custom and classic as far as what fits.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Anything that fits a classic will fit your custom. However the bobbed fender doesn't look right with some bags. I went with Hardstreet bags because I felt that they had a similar shape as the leather slant bags I started as with.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi I was looking for some hard bags for my 2012 900 custom, I had some leather saddle bags friend put on for me when I was busy 1 day...but didn't mention the rear fender didn't have a bolt to keep the bags from sliding off...so yea I lost them going down the highway somewhere. So like I was saying looking to see if there are any hard bag suggestions that can get mounted on the bike.

Hey, darkwolf,

I was looking a couple of years back for a decent hard bag with a reasonable volume to fit my Custom. I got one off eBay and I cannot be happier. It was cheap (like $60 or so, if I remember right), the brand is Bestem, and it is the largest I could find (55 liters I think).

It is not the best quality bag, I am sure. But the alternatives typically go into the hundreds and I could not justify the difference...

I fit it on the rear rack and it has been working for me like a charm ever since. I fit a decent-size grocery purchase in it, or a pair of helmets, or a couple of sixpacks.. :D

If you wish, I can dig up the name of the place where I got the bag (and the rack -- that was from a different place).

Before I often rode with a backpack. I have not done it a single time since I have had the Bestem bag!

·
Registered
16 Posts

I have the tsukayus. It's been 3 or 4 years now and they're still in good shape. I did some pretty lengthy trips with them and they've always served me well. When I was researching this I read that the mutazus were made a little cheaper, although I don't speak from personal experience.

Here's a pic of the tsukayus.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts