Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new to me 2009 custom and I have purchased mustang hard saddle bags. I was going to buy the edge or ghost mounting brackets but I don't really like how they stick out so far. When I bought the bike it had soft saddle bags already on it and they were just bolted right onto the fender rail. Is this ok to do with my hard bags as well?
I have the saddle bag bracket behind the bags to keep them out of the belt and tire

·
BOTM Winner, March 2015
124 Posts
I can't say I'm entirely familiar with Mustang Hard Saddle bags, but I can tell you that I bolted Harley Davidson hard bags directly to my factory fender struts using large threaded standoffs to provide a little space between fender and bag... avoiding the gaping pontoon / outrigger look. Now while very little is stock on my bike anymore, with much cutting, welding and fabrication taking place... the fender struts are completely original. My bags are also supported by hand made bracket rails on the bottom, they are a longer stretched fiberglass bag and too heavy to cantilever solely by two top bolts. You may need to do something similar. You can browse through my build post (link below) for ideas on mounting, maybe you'll find something useful... best of luck!

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/49-vulcan-900/29118-900-custom-bagger-conversion.html

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
as long as you clear the rear brake caliper you should be ok .... load em up and they will lean inwards .... you may then have issues .... I used the stock Kawasaki LT brackets when I put hard bags on my classic and my custom ... there are none that are any better IMHO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts