Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy of mine recently replaced the backs on his cross country with bigger ones. Anyone out there tried putting a a set on their V2K? Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
BOTM Winner, October 2016
537 Posts
Seen it done. Was going to go that route, bought a set, but later found some Corbins I liked better. The XC bags are still in storage...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Your bike looks great with the Corbins but I have to say I do love the victory bags. I may go that rout in the future. The b one before me put hard bags on before I got the bike

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
Wowzors. those victory bags and that rear fender look incredible. what kind of bracket work would need done to fit or will most of it all just bolt into place? also what rear fender is that on there? thats a pretty sweet set up.

·
537 Posts
The gap between drive pulley and brake caliper could be convered with some fiberglass or metal strips. There was a shop that did a custom install on a VN900 and posted in the forum.

·
Registered
167 Posts
you know how close the mounting and body lines would be on the nomads hard bags? ive heard talk of people attempting those before but never seen it done or found anything out about it. id think they are bikes built pretty similar in size so it would be close.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd kicked it around some. This came up when I was admiring the new bags and tour pack a friend had on his XC. Asked him what he had done with the others and he pointed to the rafters of his garage. Lol. I think the stock exhaust will create a major issue as well looking at Rods pics.

·
537 Posts
The issue I came across was that the Nomad bags are side loading, allowing you to use the VN2000 mounts, which I purchased. The Vic XC bags are top loading and the lid hits on the top part of the mounting bracket. New brackets have to be fabricated. The round bar Classic mounts seem to work better, with a bar used to mount the bags in place.

Or maybe try something like the ones used on the Kingpin

·
Registered
167 Posts
yeah i have a set of quick release locks on my leather bags i use now. i believe they are the edge brand. they are nice bags but i really like the hard bag look and the nomads bags i think gave more storage space. i might tinker around some time if i ever find a cheap set and see if i am able to reverse engineer the quick release set up off my edge bags and onto the nomads. they are pretty sturdy mounts but id have to double check to see how much support i need for them. i did see a fab up plan from some one that put a small plate strait down from the mounting point that bolted into the bag that provided invisible support to it it seemed.

**** edit **** found the link. sadly its a older link and all the information that ican find is just this one photo and the brief summery. http://vn2000.com/pages/nomad-bags.htm

·
537 Posts
If you look for this bike on the forum, he fabricated mounts similar to the stock Nomad where it holds them from below and can carry more weight.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I see now what you're talking about when you said that top opening bags was an issue with a tail box. I'd ordered an eBay cheapo and it showed up today. Mounted it up and any top opening bag other than harley styles will have an issue. On a side note the box ain't the greatest, but it will do the job for now. Looks good though..I'll get a propaganda shot up tomorrow sometime.

·
Registered
167 Posts
If you look for this bike on the forum, he fabricated mounts similar to the stock Nomad where it holds them from below and can carry more weight.

man. those look really slick. if i end up finding some i might just end up keeping the stock fenders. i was thinking about getting a gangster fender or a drifter fender for the front and back. i like the idea of the nomads tho because it looks like i would be able to keep my V&H pipes i have on right now. anything bigger id likely have to put shorter pipes on

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As promised, propaganda shots..due to budgetary constraints ( CFO said 'nough for now) will have to forgo hard bags till spring. Raising 5 grandkids plus the last of ours at home it expensive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts