Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would really like to switch to hard bags and eventually color match to my bike. I started doing research over the weekend and found 3 or 4 choices and none of them seemed great. I found Mutazu witch are super affordable but thin and flimsy. I have read a lot of bad reviews about Viking bags and most of the Harley "type" bags are super narrow. I'm hoping to find some thing decently sized like 17x12x8 ish and not $1,000, am I dreaming???

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had Vikings on one bike, hated them. Have had LeatherLykes on two bikes, love them. Not sure if they're still in business. Last time I ordered mine I had to talk to the owner who told me they were probably going to retool their facility to manufacture something else, but they went ahead and made a set of bags for my 900. Think it cost a little over $500.

HTH,
Eric

·
Registered
34 Posts
David,
I recently installed a set of Viking Bags on my 2018 900 Classic LT and really liking them so far.
I am heading out on a short tour(about !500 mls) next week and really looking forward to testing them out.

They are 22"(diag.) X 13" X 7.5" and I mounted them using the original hardware from the Kawasaki bags
Cost under $400.00

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
These were on the bike when I bought them. So far they work pretty good. Wouldn't mind doing some custom ones that match the paint but haven't seen any I like.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So I ended up getting a pair of Bates fiberglass bags on Facebook marketplace. They are in rough shape and have a few too many drill holes in them but I only paid $30 for them. I hope to fill in the holes and get them painted pearl white over the winter and then swap them on next spring. Took a picture to get some idea of how they might look on the bike.

·
Registered
51 Posts
LeatherLykes are out of busines. Myself and my mechanic tried calling them and the phone line was a busy tone. Also a friend of my mechanics tried contacting them as well but couldnt get a hold of them by phone or email. He then called the BBB and made a complaint because he needed something that they sent him a while back and there was no listing for them. I believe they still have website and you can still order things from them but there is no one to contact anymore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts