Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been checking the V2K forum quite often but there has been ZERO activity, no questions, suggestions, stories or witty reparte'.....? I suspect that almost all of the V2K riders are older than the mainstream millennials but did we all get arthritis so bad that we can't type? Did we all move to Canada and have to endure the slings and arrows of outrageous ice storms? Personally, my 04 is in the shed, battery out and fuel conditioned, just waiting for the temp to get close enough to freezing to dry up the pavement some. I have been talking with my Harlista buddies (have to have a couple) and they are all shipping their bikes to Vegas in February. I am hoping that they have space to haul a "double wide" like my V2K as well...LOL! In the meantime, I want to give all the V2K riders in the forum the best wishes for a Happy and Prosperous New Year!:devil2:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Happy New Year back at ya, haven't ridden my bike much in the last year due to back surgery in fact almost put it up for sale. But heck it's paid for and runs perfect. It got a little quiet when Ponch left, but I'll try and participate more this year. I rode a few times this fall and that bike surely puts a big smile on my face when I get on it hard in 3rd gear!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't ride as much last season as ones before either. Had surgery on my left hand so pulling a heavy manual clutch was a chore for a couple of months lol. Getting olde is grand! I have several longish trips planned for 2019 so hopefully the weather and my health will cooperate. As stated in the thread opener, I am trying to get my V2K on a trailer full of Ultras lol, but even if I don't make that one I do have my own toy trailer to get thru the snow... My wife had back surgery several years ago and it took a couple of years before she was willing to jump on for the Sturgis trips. I bought her an 08 900C but she likes to have me save her shield from the bugs... Last year, she flew to whatever airport was close to our destination and I picked her up.... AMAZING how quiet those trips were :devil2:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Donad, I hear where your coming from. I'm 59 and these health things hit me hard. My biggest concern is being able to handle the weight. I'm 240 and the wife is 180 add that to the weight of the bike and it is heavy. I won't take her if i'm not sure I can handle it,time will tell. Mean while the bike is sitting in the heated basement battery tender hooked up ready to go. We wish you luck with your journeys. I really love this minibike!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol, lightweights..... I was up in the 325 range for a bit, got down to 300 by changing jobs, and then my wife started the Keto Diet..... meat, meat, meat, meat, meat, meat...... I am down to a svelte 260 now and she has dropped 60 lbs, so we lost a combined Harley rider lol. Lots of room on the V2K now..... I had built a spacer to increase my monoshock preload a couple of years ago, now I have the preload dropped right down to the bottom (spacer still under spring). Motivation was going to Hawaii and having to pay $700 (two seats) on the helicopter tour :surprise: 25 more to go to get to fighting weight for summer lol.:devil2:

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,916 Posts
Yea, it's sad I was at 220 about a year ago, good living I guess. To change the subject.... you still runnin that fine Vulcan? That is one sweet ride! Oh yea 20 degrees here right now
yeppers, still got it.

to much of my own sweat and blood on it to ever sell it.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,916 Posts
Lol, lightweights..... I was up in the 325 range for a bit, got down to 300 by changing jobs, and then my wife started the Keto Diet.....

And there is part of my problem.. I'm a 300+lbs fat a$$ (really do weight over 300lbs)

the wife? You can bounce quarters off her stomach.

So while I'm trying to diet and lose weight, she's drinking margaritas and snorting lines of chips/salsa.

Attachments

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL, hard to lose weight in SE Texas..... I am attaching a photo that my wife sent me (one of many) that showcase all the beer and Q results prior to dieting...... PS, I am the one on the right:devil2: The fella on the left, believe it or not is my brother, full blood, same father and mother

Attachments

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL, found my "10 Year Challenge" pic, first time in Sturgis 2008, back behind the monument.:nerd:

Attachments

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL, trying to get smaller.... years of weight have abused my "landing gear":surprise: But, that is why I bought the V2K in '04 as opposed to a Harley or whatever the big Yami was back then.... GVW!
There is more room on the bike now for sure and the fuel mileage has increased as the wide load wind resistance has come down lol. I went across a self-weigh truck scale a couple of years back, 2-up on the way back from holidays and we were just a shade under 1700lbs (bike too of course).... Wife not impressed, either by the weight or the action of weighing on a truck scale:devil2: Don't know what the weather is like there but the polar vortex blizzard just arrived as I was typing. From 3 degrees above freezing to blinding snow storm in less than 4 minutes... Canada, eh?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, if we had groundhogs here they would be giving us good news.... cloudy, cold (-14F) and windy.... with 8" of snow of course (sigh). Good day to "work" at the still lol:devil2:

Attachments

·
Registered
860 Posts
Hello V2K guys!!!
I have also noted the reduced activity here, I am also partly to blame 'cus I also i have not been in the forum often.

I have to say loosing Ponch had some to do with it, he is a fun guy to have around and was instrumental in me buying a V2K (just gave the final push, really) and help me turn to long distance travel.

My absence also had to do with the trip I took last October (Gotta get back to finishing the trip report b4 I get gone again), between the planning of the trip, taking it (enjoying it I should say) and coming back to deal with a massive backlog at my office, then running into the holidays, then a promised trip to Yosemite for my youngest son visiting from college and a few other personal projects I have in the mix... uuuufh, got tired just listing my excuses.

Dealing with way too much rain here in north Baja to do much riding but looking forward to a West Canada trip this summer, hope I get to meet some of you guys in that one.

Also, one more on the 240+ class, got all the way up to 290+ when I was diagnose diabetic and had to cut down on ... well... everything. So a lot of what you guys have mentioned rings very familiar.

·
Registered
860 Posts
BTW Danad, what's up in Vegas this month?? I haven't heard of any events.

It is kinda within reach if the rain would cease for a few days at a time, we are spoiled here and, although badly needed, when we get rain it puts a wrinkle in our otherwise perfect ridding weather.

Not that I could possibly complain about cold weather to anybody living up north but we are getting another storm this next 2 days and another next weekend woth snow expected down to 3000 ft altitude. Last year it was still snowing in the sierras late March so is really no surprise.

Between work load and weather I have not ridden much in last 3 months, maybe taken the beast out on to work related stuff here in town 2 or 3 times, I can feel I starting to get the shakes for a good decent ride.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't think that there was any specific event in Vegas as far as bikes go but my Harlista buddies head there anyway to get away from the cold. Cheap flights this time of year lol.... Wifey booked me surprise trip to Phoenix next week for my birthday but too short a trip to send my bike ahead. Playa del Carmen in April too, she loves to spend my money. We have rented a bike there before but the Harley costs have sky-rocketed in the past two years and I WON'T ride a scooter:devil2:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts