Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Nice :cool:

18.5k in one year? And I thought I rode a lot. Just over 4k in 8 months. I guess I don't . Just seems that way since I commute on mine.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Glad to see its not a garage queen, no offence to those that cant ride as much. Hoping you keep enjoying the rides and are safe doing so.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I too commute daily, pretty much year-round, Clarksville to Nashville. That is around 110 miles round trip. About the only time I park it is when I know there will be severe thunderstorms, snow, or temps below 35 degrees. I'm hoping to get some heated gear so I can handle the lower temps this year.

My baby has been flawless, about as close to perfect as I can imagine. I've done a bunch of tweaks, some for looks, some for performance, some for safety, and have more planned. As my "other" vehicle is a Ford F-250, driving it for the commute would blow a hole in the ol' budget in a hurry, so above all, I have to keep Black Magic dependable!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Congrats on your first year! Very nice amount of miles. I'm hoping to hit 15,000 on my Nomad by my anniversary date, October 4. These big Kawi's make awesome commuter bikes!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
586 Posts
I too commute daily, pretty much year-round, Clarksville to Nashville. That is around 110 miles round trip... I have to keep Black Magic dependable!
I hear that! For the past 18 months or so I have managed without a 4 wheeler, but my commute was only 6 miles each way. In March I got a new job and it's now a 38 mile round trip... BUT I can work from home now and I choose to do so at least one day a week, sometimes more. 2 weeks ago I acquired a little 4 cylinder Chevy S-10 so now I have a choice.

Hate to say it but sometimes that old 1500cc beast is a chore to ride, especially in the heat and traffic. It's dependable but being an old, heavy, 40k+ bike it sometimes feels like I'm riding on an old farm truck with squeaky springs. I don't have the privilege of a smooth slab to ride on. More like a heavily traveled main thoroughfare complete with ruts and bumps and divots.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use mine to and from work also, to bad its only 3 miles each way. Maybe I should move farther from work?
I would say that wanting more road time is a great excuse for moving! :good:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I put 45000 miles on my ZZR in about 2 years! Hell... The service manager was shocked that I did 3000 miles in a weekend. I love seeing bikes that get used for what they were intended... Something other than a dust collector in the garage!

2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Classic
Mods: Cobra FI2000 and Vance & Hines Big Shots

·
Registered
586 Posts
3k in one weekend? I did 2700 miles in 4 days once (in a car - 1,350 miles each way) and it kicked my butt. I can't imagine doing that on a bike. UGGGHH!

·
Registered
258 Posts
seems everyone is impressed with the total miles including me but im also impressed with the MPG,thats about 8 more per gallon than i get w/my 1600,,,,well done you!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Skidaddle! I'm sure I could kill the mileage, but seldom feel the urge to blow money out of the exhaust any more. I really, REALLY just enjoy casual cruising - enjoy the scenery, the air, sunshine, smells. You just don't do that when you're all focused on just how fast you can get from one point to the other. And let's not forget, the Big Three helps a lot as well!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts