Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my 2012 Vulcan 900 Custom. I am looking to upgrade my seat and add a passenger backrest. Also where can I hang a passenger helmet?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I use my backrest and/or my mirror and I carry a cable lock. There is a hook under the seat that you can use also. I find it cumbersome and have never used it.

·
Premium Member
12,012 Posts
Welcome! Suggest you ask your questions in the 900 forum where other owners can help you out. Not all read the new intro section.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I lock mine to the passenger strap. Guess I'm lazy.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Kuryakyn-4232-Chrome-Universal-Helmet/dp/B009XIY22C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429651877&sr=8-1&keywords=kuryakyn+helmet+lock[/ame]

Check these out from Kuryakyn. They'll mount on your frame, highway bars, whatever. Probably gonna go this route myself for the Vaquero.

I envy my wife's Honda's nice helmet lock, which uses the ignition key, mounted right alongside the bike.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Roman, how does that lock work? Does it hold the lid by the straps?

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Roman, how does that lock work? Does it hold the lid by the straps?
Yep. It's essentially the same as the OEM lock on my wifes Honda. Turn the key and the little U-Bolt pops open. Thread the D-rings on your helmet onto it, latch it closed. That'll stop 99.99% of helmet thieves. I HAVE heard an odd story of someone cutting straps but, I'm not worried.

Right now I'm just leaving mine on my seat. So far so good...

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Cool. I've been eyeing that lock for a while. For parking it would do nicely. I would not ride with a passenger lid dangling by the straps from the side of my bike though. :)

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Cool. I've been eyeing that lock for a while. For parking it would do nicely. I would not ride with a passenger lid dangling by the straps from the side of my bike though. :)
I can't imagine I'd ever have a passenger helmet with me without the passenger attached :eek:. Otherwise, her helmet is at home!

Well actually, yes I can. When picking up my wife from work for a ride. But then I strap it to the passenger seat using a bungee net (any auto parts store for a couple of bucks). Throw her gear in a saddlebag. Good to go! Not a 'locking' solution but keeps it on the bike anyway!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Howdy from central Texas. :)

I just strap mine to the passenger strap. It's just enough resistance to keep honest people honest. Haven't had a hat swiped yet.

But there is a first time for everything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts