Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Vulcan going on the second year now, and I always knew it needed different bars. I am 6'4", 270lbs, and the factory selection left me with a cramp between my shoulder after any length of riding. Today I finally got around to installing some apes. I used factory wide glide bars, and at $88 right from the local harley dealer, I can not believe the difference. It's a new bike. Here are the before and after shots.

Attachments

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sure have, it's less. My over all body position is different, so even the buffeting from down below seems less. When I am sitting on the bike, my arms are straight out. I went out for a couple of hours last night and the difference is unreal. The wife and I will be doing a day long ride today for mothers day. It's supposed to be windy, so I can report on that.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Re-Bar

Any issues with cable length, re-wire etc?

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
None at all. In fact some of the stuff is almost to long. I rode all weekend to make sure there were no issues, so today I will get everything all cleaned up and take some pictures of that and get them up.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hhhmmm, how cool is that, their sideways. Sorry guys. As for the number, can't find the bill. I will call them and get it.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
It's amazing how the taller bars make a huge difference. Congrats on the bars.

·
Registered
159 Posts
My standard ones are fine but just are not high enough so I intend to raise them another 2 inches. That should give me a set that is the correct width for me and will also give me a better riding position.

Cheers and Beers.

Bob

·
Registered
41 Posts
rocnrol

Can your bars be able to pull back 3"? I am short and I need it to pull back couple inches. Looks like the stock cables fit OK for this bars. Do you have any description on the bars so I can go to the HD dealer to ask for it? HD dealer is about 2 miles from my house. Also will this bars work with the nacelle headlights?

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the Remarks guys. It's always nice when a mod works out. Ocean boy, all I asked for was stock bars for a pre 91 wide glide. They didn't have those, these are a newer version for a wide glide. I am out of town for a while, when I get back I will go back and get a number. I would think three inch pull back would be doable as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts