Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put higher bars on a 1500A? I imagine that at least the brake lines would need lengthening, maybe more. Anyone know for sure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
if you need to have longer hydraulic brake lines, check out www.spieglerusa.com for custom length made lines

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hi Mate :)
The bars you have in are the highest you can go without a lot of work :(
It's NOT impossible but it is a lot of work :(
New brake & clutch line , + you have to extend the wires from your switches :(

Steve

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Mate :)

The bars you have in are the highest you can go without a lot of work :(

It's NOT impossible but it is a lot of work :(

New brake & clutch line , + you have to extend the wires from your switches :(

Steve

I appreciate the help, Steve! That was my thought, but figured someone had done it before me and I’d just double check. This is my “budget bagger” so I’ll probably leave them.

Also why do you wont to go higher ???

Steve

I’m pretty tall, and I like them up a bit. Not big apes, but another 4” or so would be comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hahaha :) I don't think you need them higher i think you need them further forward :)
My old 88 had the same bars LOL but were uncomfortable on long rides :( So i cut them & slugged them & sent the grip's further forward :)
Will try to find old pic to see if it shows wot I mean :)

Steve

·
Registered
659 Posts
bike.jpg

You can see the tap were i cut them :) You could try to find a tube bender that can bend you some NEW bars up but alter them to suit you :) in stainless steel :)

Steve

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
I’m pretty tall, and I like them up a bit. Not big apes, but another 4” or so would be comfortable.
You could just get taller risers instead of new bars, but like Steve said you'd still need longer clutch and brake hoses a least. You might be ok on the throttle lines.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hi Guys :)
I think LOL that the wires are at FULL stretch with the bars that are on the bike at the minute so by having a NEW set bent up but the same size but with the grips further forward (if you get wot i mean :) ) you would not have to change anything :)

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts