Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys & Girls
I have a 2006 vn2000 classic and would like to find handlebars to replace the original ones.
my problem is that I am 5'7" and would like to have the bars closer to me.
is there anything I can do without changing the cables.
I have a set of Revco 2" risers on the bike, but the pullback isn't quite far enough

Attachments

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
I have a 2006 vn2000 classic and would like to find handlebars to replace the original ones. problem is that I am 5'7" and would like to have the bars closer to me. is there anything I can do without changing the cables. I have a set of Revco 2" risers on the bike, but the pullback isn't quite far enough
4" risers with 2" integral pull back. you stock cable should handle this no problem. I put 12" mini apes on stock risers w/stock cables no problems. that was 6" stretch from stock position. worse case scenario, you run your clutch and throttle cable behind the triple tree. it worx fine. 7yrs 50k miles. poncho

Attachments

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I went with Phat II risers, plus a Flanders Narrow Cruiser Pullback handlebar configuration. The only thing I have yet to do is get a longer front brake line, everything else just needed to be rerouted behind the tree. I`ll post a pic next time I`m around the bike.

·
Registered
578 Posts
FYI, your bike is an '07. Only year of the White/Ti color.

·
Registered
220 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Here are my bars as I mentioned earlier.The Flanders Narrow Center Pullback has a 6" end rise, 31.5" width 6" center and a 16" pullback. Compared to the OEM which is 8 1/2" H, 7 1/2 center, 34 1/2 width and a 14"pullback according to sideroadcycles.com. Combined with the Phat 2 risers, it fits perfectly for me. Handling is a shade different around the parking lot, but I like it. Everything works except the brake line is too tight for me and I've ordered a 6" extended set.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts