Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gidday everyone , just sold my honda vtx1800c and bought a 2006 kawasaki nomad 1600 and loving the bike but not liking the handelbars, has anyone used handlebars off a 900 custom on a nomad ..or do they fit?

·
BOTM Winner, December 2016
326 Posts
I've got Emgo Tall Buckhorns on my 1600 Classic...
Pretty comfy...
Like 9" Apehangers with a curve back to you at the end of the grips...
I like them...
Emgo makes several bends in 1"...
My Buckhorns ran me about 50 Bucks shipped (LOL !!!)
Ape hangers in 9"-10" are about the same...

Sit on your bike level...
Close your eyes...
Put your arms out comfy like and turn your elbows and wrists to the most comfy feel for you...
FREEZE...
Open your eyes...
Elbows out is ape hanger...
Elbows in is Buckhorn...
It was Buckhorns for me...

Trouble is you gotta buffer the height with the fact that you may have to get longer brake and clutch lines,
as well as longer throttle cables and then there is the extension of ALL the wiring...
Very Expensive !!!

Mine are 9" bars on stock risers...

Ride On !!!
Luckymann77

·
Registered
279 Posts
I haven't installed it yet, but I bought a handlebar from a Mean Streak on ebay for $60. It should bolt right in place of the Classic handlebar with minimal cables/hoses routing changes. I like the more neutral grip position of the Mean Streak bars versus the Classic wide swept back handlebar.

Aug 13, 2018; scratch that idea. Mean Streak handlebar on a Classic would require at least 6" risers and then the grip to grip width is much less than the Classic grip to grip width. Off to Emgo I go in search of something else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts