Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
My wife would like her bars to pull back maybe an inch or two and raise about two inches.
What would be better, or cheaper, new handlebars or risers?
Does anyone have either setup with the dimensions of pullback 1-2 inches and a rise of 2 inches?
Which bar or riser did you get?

Most importantly, with that amount of change, can I get away with stock cables, brake lines, and wiring?
Or do I need to replace all cables, lines, and extend wiring?

Any and all advice is more than welcome.
Thanks,
Marko

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
Look at the Scootworks risers. I installed the extensions and got enough lift and pullback for now. may go to the next set of full risers next year. The extensions for me were very much easier to install because you do not have to disconnect the bars just unbolt the risers add the extensions and rebolt them to tree. But i had to use a thick piece of rubber with a wrench to tighten risers before bolting to tree to get them tight enough so there was no movement when turning the bars. this is not recommended because they are aluminum and damage easily. Just make sure you use at least an 1/8" piece of rubber so teeth on wrench do not break through and damage anything. Good luck!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Risers, lift up about 2 inches and come back about 1-2 inches. also, you don't have to change the cables. If doesn't work fr you than get the bars and sell the risers

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
I put 10" dresser bars on mine a few weeks ago. I picked them up at a local shop here for $65, no changing of the cables. I did have to run a flap wheel thru the clutch bracket to give me just a little more room to slip on. They are as wide or maybe just a touch wider than the stock bars, but very comfortable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts